Main Menu

New Doctor Who series

Started by rogue69, 11 May, 2024, 08:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Another frustrating disappointment this week. A good idea that fails to properly ignite.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Monarch

I was enjoying it until they didn't bother to explain anything about why what happened was happening

Marbles

Really liked that episode! Ok no real explanation at the end, but in the end it didn't really matter, the tone was just right. A relief to know Who can still be good and keep you gripped. Plenty also to feed the ongoing mysteries around Ruby (& her neighbour).
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Daveycandlish

Quote from: The Monarch on 26 May, 2024, 06:26:38 AMI was enjoying it until they didn't bother to explain anything about why what happened was happening

This. Absolutely this.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Magnetica

Streaming has definitely changed how we watch telly. The kids don't really watch regular telly at all - it's all YouTube, Disney+ and Netflix. Even me and my wife no longer watch much live. Not even the news. It's only sport that feels like must watch live.

As for Dr Who, I haven't summoned up any enthusiasm to watch the latest series yet. Knowing it's all on iPlayer for over a year takes the pressure off, as I know I'll get around to it sometime. Just not yet.

In fact Dr Who has been like that since Capaldi, possibly even earlier. I'm only watching it out of some form of loyalty or nostalgia. It's a long time since I've actually enjoyed it.

The Legendary Shark

I haven't watched live t.v. for nearly a decade, driven away by incessant propaganda and infinities of drivel. In fact, Infinities of Drivel may become my pet name for Doctor Who if things don't improve soon.

I keep watching Who because every now and then we're treated to a Midnight or a Blink

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

nxylas

I always wondered what the collective noun for drivel was.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!