Main Menu

Anti-Dredd rant in Metro!

Started by Tex Hex, 05 July, 2004, 06:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tex Hex

"Judge dredd is a comic strip for goths under 15"

"...the Judge should not venture outside infatile comic books sold with plastic toys (?) and tie-dye t-shirts."

Oh, dear Monika from Glasgow. Oh dear me indeed.

hex

Matt Timson

What a terribly sweeping generalisation!  Fucking Glaswegians...
Pffft...

Tex Hex

Art

Do they call for a return to quality strips such as "This Life" (or whatever the hell it?s called)?

On a more positive note, has anyone else noticed that Nemi is actually funny these days?

The Amstor Computer

Well, to be fair to Monika, if her only exposure to Dredd is the Metro strips, I can't blame her for not being impressed...

Dudley

"Dear Metro

I love Judge Dredd so much I fly all the way to Glasgow every day just to get your paper..."

Tex Hex

Slippery PD

Dear Sir

Im complaining about a comic strip that takes up a small portion of the back page of your free paper.  How dare you waste my money.. erm Time with something so obviously geared towards teenagers.... erm but I only know of goths...

MONIKA (My mum couldnt spell properly)

paulvonscott

Remeber, it's the letters where the real opinions lie.  Ignore the 1% of metro readers who are on the newsgroups.

So someone doesn't like Dredd, not the end of the world.

"...the Judge should not venture outside infatile comic books sold with plastic toys (?) and tie-dye t-shirts."

I thought he might mean comic shops, but I think he means the tide of woeful kids comics packed with free tat.

The Metro Dredd strips I've read are okay, it is corporate sunthi-Dredd though.

Tex Hex

"...and tie-dye t-shirts."

An attack on the Diesel promo!

hex:o)

ESCUBRIA

I thought Goths only read Neil Gaiman, punks, hippies and dance-heads read 2000AD.

Richard

Come on, the Metro Dredd strips are bloody awful. No wonder people criticise Dredd if this is their only exposure to it. If you had never, ever read a Dredd story and then you read Metro would you want to pick up 2000 AD? I think not.

petemaskreplica

The Metro Dredds may not be Joe's finest hour, but frankly, next to that bloody awful "This Life" thing they read like Tolstoy.

Floyd-the-k

Metro Dredd is alright. Not his finest hour by any means, but alright.
still what would I know? I`m just a 14 year old Glaswegian goth

yours Mcgothicallyhttp://www.mattgreenwood.net/img/Harajuku_Goths.jpg">

Goosegash

Blimey, who gets that irate about a three-panel comic strip? Monika is a big silly fool, clearly.