Main Menu

Stronty |Dog. Something you may have forgotten...

Started by Thread Zero, 27 April, 2002, 07:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

Was looking through the early parts of The Final Solution story the other day. Progs 600 to about 605.

There was something Id completely forgotten. Wulf came back to life!!

He was brought back to life by the bad guy (can't remember his name, begins with s perhaps?)

Anyway Johnny kills him again and sends him into the future using a time bomb.

Just thought I'd remind you all of that. Like I said, forgot all about it!

scojo

Trout

See what I mean about missed opportunities?

They could have died together in a hail of bullets.

But you're right - I had forgotten that.

Then there was the time the Gronk came back to life (sort of) after having a heart attack and getting chucked in the bin. Boo!

Why won't people in comics stay dead?

By contrast, other people don't die but are never seen again. Maybe Blackhawk and Ursa were being sued for copyright infringement by Bungle and Jeffrey?

"Please don't let me die!"

MikeD

Thread Zero

With time travel technology, no one need die ever again.

I had this idea once that Stan Lee kills Dredd but Anderson goes back in time to alter history.

That way you can kill Dredd and bring him back!

scojo

Trout

That's a brilliant idea.

You could bring him back again and again and kill him over and over and over.

Then we could have a poll for our favourite of The Many Deaths of Old Stoney Face.

Mind you, Thoth, Torque and Pat Mills might have copyright on that.

Oh well.

MikeD

Thread Zero

Seriously, I did like the Stan Lee kills Dredd scenario.

If there is one perp who could kill Dredd, Stan's the man.

One of my all time fave Dredd moments is in the original Stan Lee story.

Dredd has Lee on the ground. He tries to hit Lee with his daystick but Lee grabs it. Cuts it in half with his hand!

Great stuff.

A third (well I am optimistic!) Dredd movie should have Stan Lee in it.

I'm writing the screenplay right now!:)

Joke that last line. I think.

scojo

Trout

Yeah, I really liked ole Deathfist myself, largely due to Barry Kitson's terrific, physical art.

Wasn't he great on that Anderson story, too? The one with the return of Orlok. Her uniform tore and you almost saw something. Ooooh...

Stan Lee (despite the off-putting name) is (IMO) a great example of a comic book character that works due to his/her simplicity.

He's good at fighting, end of story. He's a genuine challenge for JD, which creates uncertainty for the story.

Memory now cloudy. There was a return story, then that woman turn up to get revenge for him, then what?

Is he dead or alive?

MikeD

Thread Zero

Dredd killed the women. Broke her neck.
Dredd won the rematch with Lee.

And last year in the JD megazine, Dredd beat up Lee for a second time.

But I think he could still take on Old Joe...

scojo

2000AD Online

Well, Stan the Man has already turned up in Mallrats and The X-Men, so I wouldn't put it past him to make a cameo in the Dredd movie.

DavidXBrunt

He cropped up in 'The Simpsons' as well.

Oddboy

Talking of simple physical grudge matches... who remembers Judge Inspector Sadu Vs Judge Dredd Vs Johnny Alpha as painted by Chris Hall during Judgement Day.
One of the best fights ever shown, I think!
Sadu & Alpha coming on all grumpy & meaningful & Dredd not caring & beating them both up.
Class!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Jayzus B. Christ

I missed that, because I was only about 15 and couldn't afford to buy the bastard Megazine. It was good, then, too. Crossovers are shit.