Main Menu

First page from my Dredd screenplay inside!!

Started by Thread Zero, 09 May, 2002, 06:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

Am still waiting for official confirmation to post here so here's the first page from my Dredd Reckoning script:

Script is copyright scojo and Writers Guild of Amercia registered! So you can't nick it!:)))

FADE IN:

INT. MEGA CITY ONE - ROWDY YATES CONAPTS - APARTMENT - DAY
Over credits, a visual montage of JUDGE DREDD getting dressed. Close up of Dredd putting on utility belt, knee, eagle and shoulder pads in dim lit apartment room. Boots tightened. Lawgiver gun Mark two is placed in gun holster. Close on badge being put on. First glimpse of the name Dredd on badge. Door slides opens and Dredd (seen from behind) exits.

INT. CORRIDOR - DAY
Angle on Dredd's shadow cast on wall of corridor. Pan away to side on shot of Dredd. Face and helmet still not shown. Apartment doors on either side of the corridor. Close on Dredd's feet and legs walking down corridor. A MAN in his thirties, dressed in Mega City clothing, carrying a bag comes up to Dredd. Man smiles weakly but face shows apprehension. He hurries on by.

A cleaning robot passes by. The small machine has various arms with cleaning implements attached. Cleaning the floors and walls. Dredd reaches the corridor's elevator. Activates the elevator's panel, doors then open. Steps inside. Doors shut. Elevator descends to destination. Dredd leaves elevator.

INT. CORRIDOR - DAY
He walks to a door. On it a sign. It reads: "Justice Department Bike Pool. Authorized Personnel Only." Dredd has in hand a card, similar to a phonecard. He places it into a readout panel swipe slot. On panel display - "Authorization granted." The door's lock is opened. Dredd activates a button and door slides open.

INT. BIKE POOL - DAY
A dimly lit chamber. Dredd activates a light switch. Light beams onto a raised platform in the center of the room. On the platform, shining in the glare of the light is Dredd's lawmaster bike. Dredd walks to it. Near to the raised stage is a pedal. Dredd presses his boot down on the pedal and the stage lowers so that the lawmaster bike is level with the floor.

Dredd climbs onto bike. Places card into bike's ignition. Engine starts. He presses a button on the bike's front control panel. Vid-screen is activated. The screen is divided into two sections. The left side has a series of graph bars showing fuel, ammunition and status levels. At optimum status. The right section is a map of the local area. A red light on the map flashes, indicating bike's current location.

Thread Zero

Hey if my script is put up here and you lot like it, would you like to petition Rebellion to use it?

I'm serious. If you read it and like it, why not?
I think it's very good. At the end of the day us fans know what makes a great Dredd story.

Oh well wait and read it I guess...

scojo

Oddboy

I like the plot - very clever!!

But seriously:
Nice intro, but there's no way we can (ehem...) 'judge' if it's good or not with just page one...

Better set your phaser to stun.

johnnystress

Agree.Nice intro
But you know the way that lawgivers recognise each judge by their palmprint? well wouldnt that make things like swipe cards obsolete?

your nerdishly....

Tiplodocus

We know all about Dredd so we think "cooool" but to the man in the street, a bloke getting dressed and then getting into his car isn't exactly the most exciting start to a screenplay.

There have been notable exceptions HARPER with Paul Newman where the opening sequence fills you in on loads of detail about the character and what he is like.  

I'm sure as an aspiring screenwriter, you've read William Goldman's "Adventures in the Screen trade" - it describes it in good detail.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Thread Zero

I promise you the first few scenes, about a minute and a half long, are the calm before the storm.

It really is just establishing some mood before we hit the big meg itself. Once you see what follows, it all fits into place.

I really wanna post the script in its entirety but I'm waiting for official word from Rebellion Towers.

Otherwise I may get banned from this site forever!:)

Some people might think that's a good thing!

scojo

Buddy

Why would Rebellion object to you placing this online? They don't have a problem with fan art online so why not a fan screenplay???

Explain

Thread Zero

I guess you are right Umpty.

I just sent the whole script to Wake via email.

So Wake it's over to you.:)

scojo

Thread Zero

Wake has emailed me. Says he will ask Rebellion later.

Oh isn't it exciting!:)

Don't forget to bring your popcorn!

scojo

Wils

'Elevator descends to destination.'

But isn't Dredd's apartment in the basement?

Wils

Thread Zero

Er... well..

How do I get out of this?

I know!  My Dredd is an alternate Dredd in an alternate dimension!

It's exactly the same as the 2k one, except for some unknown reason, Dredd's apartment is not in the basement.

Dimensions, who understands em!

scojo

Oddboy

Just say it was a typo - it should read "accends" to the ground level.
No film script remains unchanged by the time it's made so you'll have more than enough time to iron out the nerdy quibbles.
Better set your phaser to stun.

W. R. Logan

>I'm serious. If you read it and like it, why not?
>I think it's very good. At the end of the day us fans know what makes a great Dredd story.

Please can we have Scojo's script put on the web site!!

Then I won't have to have it appearing in my inbox like a big turd you can't flush.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79" target="_blank">Class Of '79

http://www.maelstromgrafx.com/badpress/blacktee.gif">

Thread Zero

Logan,

You may, just may like it.

Worth reading it first, eh?

scojo

W. R. Logan

>Logan,
>You may, just may like it.
>Worth reading it first, eh?
>scojo

I may just but after reading your snippets over the last few months I doubt it.

Are you going to be at Comics 2002 where you can talk to me about your ideas over a pint, if you are then at least I know I'll get a good nights sleep 8-)

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79" target="_blank">Class Of '79

http://www.sitsvac.org/C2002midi.gif">