Main Menu

Here's pages 2 and 3 of my script!

Started by Thread Zero, 09 May, 2002, 09:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

See if i can cheat and post some more here before i get offical word from Rebellion!

Hee hee!!
Scojo

Dredd revs the bike's Notron 4000 V8 Kt23 engine with asb quadruple carburretors. Dredd takes a small remote control from his belt. Points it a large black door directly in front of him. Presses a button on remote and door opens.

Natural light pours into the room. He presses another button on remote and the lowered platform moves forward, taking the bike along with it. It stops at the door's entrance. The rear of the platform rises up so the bike is titled forward.

Dredd revs the bike harder and harder. On Dredd's helmet, his visor. Close on area where his eyes are. Dredd accelerates out of the room at tremendous speed. The door closes automatically behind him.

EXT. ROWDY YATES CONAPTS - JUDGES' ZIPSTRIP - MEGA CITY ONE - DAY
On Dredd from behind and side, racing down the small road called a zipstrip, leading from the bike pool. View of Rowdy Yates Conapts from exterior. Name is visible on block. The zipstrip extends from mid level of the huge Mega block, hundreds of feet above ground level. Shot above or behind Dredd, showing the first glimpse of the Mega City. The zipstrip is connected to major road arteries and adjacent blocks.

EXT. MEGA CITY ONE - DAY
Pan away from Dredd on bike to see the city in all its glory. The city is a vast concrete landscape of towering blocks, rising hundreds of feet into the air. The blocks are connected by hundreds of roadways at low, mid and high level. Hover vehicles dominate the sky, racing back and forth. The city is a masterpiece of future aesthetic design. Pan through on to:

EXT. ZOOM TRAIN - DAY
A zoom tube train racing along line, intersecting through blocks to zoom station.

EXT. THOMAS EDISON ZOOM TUBE STATION - SECTOR 18 - DAY
The zoom tube train arrives at the large station. A sign reads - "Thomas Edison Sector 18." Passengers depart from the train on mass. Others get on.  Focus and track onto a man in his 40's holding a briefcase, leaving train and walking along platform.
Focus on a large sign, a huge happy smile. It reads - "Good Morning Mega City One. Rise and shine. It's July 21 2125. A smile a day keeps the judges at bay! Sponsored by the Happy society."

Two JUVES (teenagers or young adults) standing by a wall. One juve looks at the man, taps the other juve's shoulder and points to the man. The other juve nods his head. They begin to follow man out from the platform, through station to the exit. Leads directly into:

EXT. SECTOR I8 - ERNEST HEMMINGWAY SHOPPERA COMPLEX - DAY
Shoppera complex separated by a busy multi lane skedway. Shops, businesses spread out miles in either end. The shops have huge neon signs advertising such products/company names as: "Otto Sump's Putrid Perfume Parlour, Robots R Us and Mega City Munceburgers - The Burgers 100% synthi-meat free!"

The pedways (sidewalks) full of Mega City One's citizens going about their daily lives. Some pedways (also known as slidewalks) are automatic allowing the citizens to stand still and be moved along. The citizens wear the latest in Mega City One fashion. A thriving crowd of humanity.

The man steps out from the station into the city beyond. Above him is a huge neon sign. An image of a judge's helmet is being shown. Below it the words - "The Judges are watching you. Respect the law." It flashes this message continuously.

All around are smaller signs, such as: "Robodogs must be on leads all the time, No spitting, No littering, No loitering, No parking etc." The sheer number of warnings, orders etc is overwhelming. The man begins to disappear into the melee of citizenry. The juves follow him.

Thread Zero

Yes I know the year wrong too!

Was deliberate! See if the film came out next year, it would be 2125 in the meg!

scojo

Oddboy

Scojo,
I'd rather have a plot synopsis & a couple of extracts (preferably big action shots or good dialogue scenes) than the whole script.  If it does make it to the screen then having read the script would rather defeat the point of going to the cinema.  If the plot seems good enough & the extracts seem real enough then you'd get more support I reckon then posting the entire lot.

IMOHOBICNW.

(inmyownhumbleopinionbuticouldbewrong)

Better set your phaser to stun.

Thread Zero

Well Jason K, CEO Boss of Rebellion, hasn't read it yet! After 4 months of begging him to read it, I gave up!:)

So I thought I'd post the whole thing on the site. So there.

It's only 122 pages long!

If it does go up on the fan section, you don't have to read it! Or you can read it in bits.

Or not at all.:)

scojo

Tiplodocus

Somehow, I don't think film's are greenlit in this manner.  Deadoddboygirl is right; a synopsis is probably your best bet. After that, I'd try therapy.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

plastikman

wow the world of the future - he's got an automatic garage door!!

Sorry - I'm enjoying it, keep posting :)

plastikham.