Main Menu

Watchmen

Started by nofuture, 13 October, 2006, 08:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Bamforth

At 35, Jude Law would be rather too young to play Ozymandias.

Here's how I'd do it if I were writing the script: Start off with some of the old superhero team set off in the Owlship to save the day - then we find they are in fact heading off to 'control' the crowds in the demonstrations against the masked vigilantes. Get some live news reports in there. Jon makes everyone disappear. That's given the audience a potted history and subverted the expectations of what a superhero film does, then we can go to the beginning of the story.

ADE

JOE SOAP

***At 35, Jude Law would be rather too young to play Ozymandias.***

Well I reckon the angle they're going for with the young casting is for the flashbacks/early years etc., we will need to see the heroes when they are young so they need a youngish cast. It's easier to make young actors look old with make-up/fx for when they are playing the older versions of their character than to try and make old actors look young for earlier parts of the timeline.

I'd rather Jude Law didn't get the part though  as I think Christian Bale would be a better choice, he's an actor who can portray both intelligence and physical strength particularly well whereas Jude is a bit of a pansy.

paulvonscott

I think I'd prefer Jude Law, especially with Bale's Batman baggage.  He looks the part, and age isn't really going to be a problem.

And I always thought Ozymandias came across as fairly asexual.