Main Menu

Impaler

Started by Matt Timson, 22 August, 2008, 11:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

Can I recommend you take a peek at JEB's Facebook page to see some more (disturbingly good) images...really nice!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Disgusting, disturbing and gut wrenching
I like it. Good work there Timson.

Peter Wolf

I like the look of this a lt especially the skin texture and blood splatters everywhere.It was wierd because as soon as i looked at it i recognised despite never seeing it before anywhere.

I cant look at the Facebook page as i am not a member and whats more i am not going to be told that i "Must " do anything in order to do so.

Shame .
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Matt Timson

Aha!  I started a blog for this very eventuality!

I'm a bit of a rubbish blogger- but I'll try and keep it updated with this and that.

http://matttimson.blogspot.com/
Pffft...

Peter Wolf

Thats better !

I have an aversion to Facebook.

That overhead view on the first page looks like New York.

Will have to explore this further.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

I will be looking out for Impaler at my local Forbidden Planet. It looks like the breakthrough artist discovery of the year.
STRIKE !!!

Wils

Pfft! It looks ok-ish, I suppose. I'll pick up the first issue (as long as it's under 2 quid), but I'll ditch it as quick as I did The Losers if it's rubbish. ;)

Hoagy

Excellent. I want soμe form of link and knowledge of availability.Plz :)

So good to hear your work will be seen in sequential. Jolly good.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Bolt-01

About bloody time.

Thanks for the link to the blog as well, I'll be visiting...

Dan Kelly

As I'm sure that Mr Timson is too modest to mention it (that or too busy to notice) Impaler #3 is out this week and is previewed over at Comic Book Resources.  

This caught my eye
QuoteTimson has mostly worked on British projects thus far, but his work on "Impaler" is startlingly evocative. His fully-painted (or mixed-media) art shifts from bloody violence to haunting melancholy to pastel cheerlessness. He can do murky action scenes and crisply-colored diner sequences with consistent beauty. It's a savage beauty, appropriate to a horror-action comic, but it's one that recalls Dave McKean mixed with Bill Sienkiewicz mixed with Frazer Irving. CBR has a brief preview of "Impaler" #3, but while you can see Timson's skill in those pages, you can't see his range. And his range is impressive. He's an artist to keep an eye on, to be sure.

Some high praise there indeed.  Looking forward to it.

The preview is here

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "dankell"Some high praise there indeed.

They clearly don't know about the cheating.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Noisybast

Brief but positive review at Ain't It Cool News: //http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41175
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Kerrin

Cool, the first two have been excellent. Seriously good artwork from Matt and a decent undead yarn.

Emperor

Quote from: "dankell"As I'm sure that Mr Timson is too modest to mention it (that or too busy to notice) Impaler #3 is out this week and is previewed over at Comic Book Resources.

I was popping in to point this out too (as we know how shy he can be). Timothy Callahan knows his onions (he wrote the book on Grant Morrison's early works) - Matt should get "savage beauty" tattooed on himself somewhere (one word on each buttock perhaps). I think if anyone wonders why he deserves an Eagle nomination (and a win?) you can point them at that. Also glowing reviews like that are the kind of things that get the Big Boys sniffing round too.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Matt Timson

Pffft...