Main Menu

top ten ever stories in tooth

Started by Devons Daddy, 26 August, 2002, 03:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

list time again
your top ten worst tooth story lines. if ever collected in a graphic novel would hit the bargain bin upon realease.

1/invasoin
2/space girls
3/brigand doom
4/blair one
5/time flys
6/hewligans hair cut
7/friday
8/ rogue the big hit
9/slaine the time traveling stuff
10/ it has to be said BISON

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Marbles

This short interview can be found reproduced here..

Link: http://www.frothersunite.com/marbles/fanboy/patmills.html" target="_blank">Pat Mills Interview

Remember - dry hair is for squids

moly

quite glad sometimes i went away from tooth for a couple of years meant i missed almost all of the first nine what years did they appear ? then i can skip that part of re collecting is anything good at all from that period

DavidXBrunt

Hewligans Haircut? It's a classic. And has been released as a book. So there.

Brignad Doom isn't that bad either. Or Invasion for that matter. In fact Invasion could still work.

IndigoPrime

I thought Hewligan's Haircut was pretty good and even have the G/N... Time Flies was fairly amusing (in a throwaway manner) too. Brigand Doom started well, but eventually went shite...

I agree about the other seven though with the possible exception of Bison.

satchmo

Sinister Dexter
Zippy Couriers
Anderson-the who will help the children story
Chronos Carnival
Robo Hunter revival
Vector 13
Really and Truly
Sancho Panzer
Bison
Dredd-the one where they drug him and make him kill cits dressed as Sino Judges

Im in a bad mood,but i'll stand by all of that.I know people love Sindex,I just don't.

Jayzus B. Christ

I disagree too about Hewligan's Haircut, but also about Really and Truly - no classic, but a bit of mildly enjoyable brain-candy, written in one night by a bloke who was e'd off his tits (it's true).
Here's some of mine, in no particular order:
1: Rogue Trooper in The Golden Fox Mebollocks.
2: The Judge Dredd story about the living teddy bear. Jesus wept.
3: The Space Girls (unoriginal choice, I know, but it was really bad)
4: Mean team 2; which sat uncomfortably in the same progs as such classics as Judge Dredd: Revolution
5: Witch World: I tried, I really did.
6: Outlaw. A story in which nothing happens, and happens too slowly at that.
7: The other Dredd story about the spitting contest. They reprinted that in a graphic novel, for the love of sweet suffering Jesus in a bucket of eels.
8: SLice D'Altroy's solo story. Viz would call it a lolly stick, ie. something unneccessarily added to a pile of shite (ie. the 2nd Harlem Heroes story).
9: Most Sinister Dexter stories in the last two years. Will you for fecks sake show us something else in Downlode? It's a big city and those two muppets are past their sell-by dates.
10:  Maniac Five. Anyone notice how Tony Blair killed himself, but was alive again in the third series? Spikes Harvey Rotten Syndrome, maybe.

And some unpopular ones I'll stick up for - The Clown, Big Dave, Teenage Tax Consultant (although I'm breaking my balls there, I admit), and most of all, Firekind - I saw it dissed in this message board recently. It was an absolute classic.

O Lucky Stevie!

i'm with your their on outlaw, jayzus, one of the most insufferable things i've ever seen in the progs, alongside junker.

i've stated my love unrequited love for really something & truly amazing previously on this board , & i seriously can't believe that someone dissed firekind either; read it in it's proper order (which as far as i see could be your only bone of contention with this classic)& you'll see that it's the closest thing that 2000ad has gotten to an ursula k. le guin stylee.

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

John Caliber

I threw away all of the 2000ADs after prog 520-something to the present, keeping the Judge Dredd and Wagner/Ezquerra Strontium Dog strips,thermal binding them into neat collections. I'm truly thankful I now only have vague memories of the stories you lot have mentioned.

- TCC

Link: http://www.jdrpg.com/jdss" target="_blank">THE JUDGE DREDD STREET SIM

Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

Eldritch

Yes, definitely, FIREKIND was awesome, a real story with a sense of purpose and exquisite use of violence. People really died in that tale, were really tortured. Highly effective. The art was wonderful, too.
I know John Smith is patchy - and frequently maddening - but occasionally he's pure gold. FIREKIND and KILLING TIME are amongst the best 2K ever produced. He also wrote the best ROGUE TROOPER story, too: "Cinnabar."

Eldritch

Come to think of it, is there a reason we can't get FIREKIND and KILLING TIME in G/Ns?
No wisecracks...

W. R. Logan

>Come to think of it, is there a reason we can't get FIREKIND and KILLING TIME in G/Ns?
>No wisecracks...

Kiling time was available as a Graphic Novel by Hamlyn,

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=reprint&page=gnprofiles" target="_blank">Graphic Novels

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/graphicnovels/mediumres/killing.jpg">

Matt

You guys have all missed some doozys, so here goes:

1. Dry Run (nothing matches it in wankness)
2. Beyond Zero
3. Below Zero
4. Green
5. Junker
6. Toa de Moto
7. Chronos Carnival
8. Urban Strike (Mother Funster!)
9. Return to Verdus (Cassanovas for fucks sake!)
10. Golden Fox Rebellion

Slippery PD

There seems to be a trend here.  Mine in no particular order are:
mambo
tao de moto
judge dredd: the book of the dead - mummies in Dredd, just a poor crossover of genres.  Lazy indeed.
Sinister Dexter:  Anything after Eurocrash
Slaine: after horned god
Outlaw - spolier( y couldnt they ahve killed him in the first episode?)
Brigand doom
Urban Strike

These are the stories that stand out for me.  Bison is close, but I am intrigued to read the end of it if only top confirm its bad.  

Jayzus B. Christ

I agree totally about Cinnabar, in fact I think I mentioned it in another thread.  Good to see its legacy being kept alive, too, what with the bio-factory thingy in Tor Cyan and the bio-wire bomb in the new old (if you get my meaning) Rogue Trooper. I don't think either have got close to as good as Cinnabar, though.
And two more stories for the muckpile: Junker, and I think it was called Trash, the one with the plants taking over. Shite. SHITE!