Main Menu

Podcast ep 21 with 2000AD graphic novels editor Keith Richardson

Started by bluemeanie, 15 March, 2010, 07:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

In this episode, Rich and a virtual Flint talk to 2000AD's Graphic Novels editor Keith Richardson after bitching about not being able to get certain trades in the last one. Wanna know whats coming out over the next year? Wanna know how the Meg stories will feature in the Case Files? Wanna know who's been cast as Dredd in the movie? Its all here... well, apart from the last bit anyway.

Direct link :
http://media.libsyn.com/media/geeksyndicate/ECBT2000AD-21.mp3

GS Webpage
http://geeksyndicate.wordpress.com/2010/03/15/everything-comes-back-to-2000ad-episode-21/

I wouldnt normally say any of our rubbish was essential listening, but this one really does have some good stuff about what we can expect in the next 12 months from Rebellion.
Thanks again to Keith for coming on. Hope theres something you all like in there somewhere. All seemed like good news to me.

flintlockjaw

Richmond Clements

Dandontdare

No sign of it on i-tunes yet, have you said something unflattering about the i-pad and been banished by Mr 'Global Overlord' Jobs?

All the other links seem to play it rather than download it for later - but I'm a techno-dunce so I may be missing something obvious. Is there a way I can get this on my i-pod if i-tunes doesn't sort itself out?

bluemeanie

You can right click and save the direct link above. Dunno about iTunes and how quick it adds stuff.

uncle fester

Interesting stuff there Mr Meanie, and cheers to Keith for answering everything thrown at him. Especially liked the bit at the end about possible gaming developments (Well someone had to say it :))

bluemeanie

Quote from: Dandontdare on 15 March, 2010, 07:52:03 PM
No sign of it on i-tunes yet, have you said something unflattering about the i-pad and been banished by Mr 'Global Overlord' Jobs?

Just did a "show all available eps" on GS and its showing on there now.

And cheers UF. Really thought he was gonna aske me to take that last bit about the game stuff out. Dying to see what they're working on now

Colin YNWA

Well chuffin' hell that was great. You get so used to folk from the big 2 feeding stuff out slowly and evading stuff that to have someone just comes on and tells you whats what its great - brillant.

So much to take from that but mainly the whole thing sounds incredibly healthy and in good hands too!

Tell you how much fun that was thought I'd just listen to the first little bit and here I am full podcast later and I've missed listening to Liverpool get a 3 nil led!

Great stuff

pauljholden

Can't believe I had to wait all the way to the end before I got a mention. VERY DISAPPOINTING.

-pj
(Though, at least he got my name right - eh Leigh, Lay, Les - dammit... Gallagher...)

bluemeanie

Yeah, "LAY Gallager"
guess we know how he got the 2000AD gig then  :lol:

And dont worry, the PJ love-in will continue when we do the next one

Dandontdare

Quote from: bluemeanie on 15 March, 2010, 09:01:10 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 15 March, 2010, 07:52:03 PM
No sign of it on i-tunes yet,

Just did a "show all available eps" on GS and its showing on there now

That's odd - if I search for "everything comes back to 2000ad" in the i-tunes store, the most recent one is 3rd March; If I search for "Geek Syndicate", the only thing released after that is small press big mouth on 7th. I've had a hunt around and can't find a "show all available eps" option anywhere - is it just me?

bluemeanie

Weird how it shows in one bit and not another. I was in podcasts not store
I got Geek Syndicate in my podcasts list coz I've downloaded from them before. Right clicked on them and did "show new" and it gave me the following

Dandontdare

Ah yes, it worked coming from that direction! The searchy bit must take a while to catch up. That'll see me right for the next few commutes then!

Last of the V8's

Great stuff, thanks to you guys and Keith.
So some hope for Dan Dare yet then.
Hear there's a Dan Dare movie in the works to star Sam Worthington so get those rights sorted and strike whilst the irons hot.

LGDROID

Keith! What the f%*king f*%k man! LAY Gallagher?!!!

We just spent an entire weekend in bloody Pontins together!!! AN. ENTIRE. WEEKEND. IN. PONTINS!!!!

Sigh....

And PJ, the current scores for our competition is:

Leigh: 72 mentions.
PJ: 43 mentions.

So you can suck my balls.

Leigh (Lee).