Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Taryn Tailz

COMMANDO FORCES

Taryn Tailz

ZenArcade

Yep, you have a hotline to Thryllseeker filor technical advice. Z

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Professor Cardigan on 14 February, 2015, 08:08:04 AM
Quote from: ZenArcade on 13 February, 2015, 09:57:07 PM
Ah Tordel I share your epicurean bliss. L'addition....vous? Z

Feck no! It was a voucher frustratingly given in lieu of pay for much overtime, its value clearly unrecognised by giver (or receipient) until the first of 8 mindblowing set courses arrived. I'm still struggling with the idea that gingerbread crisps exist, never mind that you should eat them with chicken liver pate, never mind that chicken liver pate is itself actually edible. How terrifying to think that this sort of thing goes on every day!

Aw! That sounds you had a new and exciting experience. But remember, these things can also be had cruelty free. Don't get sucked  in by it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

Quote from: Tim Tailz on 16 February, 2015, 03:51:51 PM
I've accepted a job offer on the historically renowned (or however you want to describe it) Holy Island. It's going to beat working in a city centre shop, that's for sure.  :D

https://www.lindisfarne.org.uk/

Wow, that's great Tim! Best of luck!

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Professor Cardigan on 16 February, 2015, 05:19:14 PM
Quote from: Tim Tailz on 16 February, 2015, 03:51:51 PM
I've accepted a job offer on the historically renowned (or however you want to describe it) Holy Island. It's going to beat working in a city centre shop, that's for sure.  :D

https://www.lindisfarne.org.uk/

Wow, that's great Tim! Best of luck!

Thank you.  :)

Theblazeuk

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 16 February, 2015, 05:06:57 PM
Aw! That sounds you had a new and exciting experience. But remember, these things can also be had cruelty free. Don't get sucked  in by it.

I may be entirely wrong but isn't chicken liver pate just pate made out of chicken liver, as opposed to Foie Gras? As in, no more cruel than a (freerange I assume) chicken wing?

Unless of course you mean the cruelty of telling us all about such fine fare but not sharing any of those gingerbread crisps...

ZenArcade

It might be down to the means by which the product is grown. I know anecdotally that geese are subjected to a pretty grim force-feeding experience; might be something similar (although chickens are a heck of a lot smaller than geese.) Z

Theblazeuk

It is indeed grim for Foie Gras, forcefeeding a goose till it's liver explodes. However that's just foie gras, not goose liver pate in general. Interestingly there is a farmer who simply provides freerange geese with plentiful food, and they eat themselves to death....

I, Cosh

I wouldn't want to put words (or anything else) in his mouth, but I think Tips position is that you're just debating over the degree of cruelty here.
We never really die.

The Legendary Shark

I tend to agree. Tips certainly influenced me to buy less meat and be more aware of the meat I do buy. I don't think I'll ever give meat up entirely, it tastes too drokking fantastic, but the more gently the animal is killed the better. I reckon old Tips has made me a full quarter less barbaric, which is at least a step in the right direction (but don't tell him or he'll never let me live it down!).
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Satanist

Funny that as after Tips explained to me how he wants to give animals the vote and let cats marry dogs I make a point of having a dismembered something in every meal I eat. Even cereal.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

ZenArcade

Cruelty to animals is an abysmal thing. I come from a farming background and would see cruelty as morally wrong and counterproductive in the sense that distressed or maltreated animals are less productive. As for hunting I would be completely opposed as it is cruelty for recreation. With farming it is a necessity (although I guess some would argue the contrary). Z