Main Menu

Sum up the Stallone Dredd movie in 64 characters (or so)

Started by bluemeanie, 14 March, 2011, 11:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alski

"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

bluemeanie

You know... I'm picking up some subtle negativity  :lol:

Well I re-watched the first 45 minutes this lunchtime and really enjoyed it. Gonna finish it off tonight

Steven Denton

Ideas bankrupt Hollywood executives and a vain star brutally gand rape everything good out of Dredd with a relentless parade of tired clichés and unfunny jokes. 

(one tweet Can't really express how poor a film Judge Dredd was or how my low expectations became that strangest of combinations, vitriolic boredom.)

I, Cosh

Steady on guys. Demolition Man's probably my favourite Stallone film and spawned one of the three best pinball machines of the nineties. The others being Addams Family and Indiana Jones.
We never really die.

Al_Ewing

The filmic equivalent of those cheap knockoff toys from the pound shop.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

I enjoyed 20%,
I was annoyed by 20%,
I detested 20%,
I gave up on 40%.

I want to see the missing stuff as it may boost some of those percentages either way!!!

Judge Palmer

Good action mnovie, costume was well made, looked great (apart from the leotard and codpiece) and worked well within the movie.

Rob Schneider's part as 'Fergie' was unneccessary and spoilt 50% of the film.

Fitting in too many characters as well as plotlines, Angel Gang, ABC Warrior, Rico and the clones gave the movie a confused and sloppy finish to an otherwise good movie of which I enjoyed 50% of it.
Creep broke the rules, he's doing time!

vzzbux

Started off with great visuals. Trundling along nicely. Great a block war. Dredd rolls up, um nice bike.

I AM DU LUEARRRRGH

Weeps uncontrollably, Movie goes quickly down hill.
The End.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Judge Olding

i saw it before i discovered 2000ad i was really happy about it then read the stories and was like 'it was total shit'

Jared Katooie

Watchable as a film. Terrible as a Dredd film.

Quote from: radiator on 15 March, 2011, 02:11:19 PM
Not even as good as Demolition Man.

Demolition Man was brilliant fun. Even Rob Schneider was tolerable in this film.

radiator

I like Demolition Man too - not having a pop at it - but I wouldn't try and argue that it's a great film, and the fact is that it's a much better movie than Judge Dredd.

Kerrin

For-Mean Angel, Dury, Hammerstein. Against-Everything else.

Eric Plumrose

Generic action flick that happens to be called JUDGE DREDD.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Kev Levell

I want my money back, I want my time back, is there any way I can delete all recollection of this from my memory.