Main Menu

Help! Huge Cyborg Character with huge silver horns?! Ring any bells?

Started by cryyourselftoash, 25 May, 2011, 04:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cryyourselftoash

Okay, I'm trying to track down a comic book from when I was a kid and I have a few scant details. I think it was a 2000AD story line but if not then the format of the comic was very similar with a few episodes from different stories put together in a larger size comic very similar to 2000AD.

The main character was a huge cyborg with huge silver horns, from what I can remember his face was a skull I think, kind of like one of the Terminator T1 metallic skulls but with huge horns, that faced downwards, just like a bull really. Other than that I remember there were some female  sidekick that had armored suits and huge artillery, I think there might have been some kind of bike or hover bikes involved as one or all of the crew had a helmet kind of modeled on a modern biker helmets with visor etc, a bit like the Cyclone bikes in Macross. The one and only  episode I had involved time travel or teleportation I think. I do remember specifically the episode ending with the resurrection of the main character's nemesis, who had been thought long dead or destroyed.
I think the nemesis was also cyborg but more human looking from what I can remember.

I would have read this in the early to mid 90s I reckon, somewhere between '93 to '96.

Do any of these ramblings ring any bells with you fine 2000AD freaks? Help a newbie out? Apologies if this is totally the wrong place to post a query and many thanks for reading if you've come this far!

radiator

Dandontdare

Sounds more like Deathlok rather than a 2000ad character - all Marvel UK characters in the 90s seemed to be cyborg-types with huge artillery.

cryyourselftoash

thanks for the reply but no, fraid its not Nemesis... Not anything to do with the ABC Warriors who I'm kinda familiar with. I had a look through any kind of 2000AD 'list of charachters' i could find, and didnt recognise any names or images so either it was a really shortlived run and i caught one of the episodes or its not even 2000AD at all and I've gotten it totally confused.... i remember there were adverts for Manga the company between stories? Sorry its so vague, just trying to think of any detail! its nearly 20 years ago! damn, that makes me feel old!

Richmond Clements

I'm with Radiator on this one- sounds like a description of a bunch of Terminators from Nemesis.

Might even be Time Wastes era ABC Warriors?

EDIT- ah, back to the drawing board...

Bhuna

twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

M.I.K.

More than likely, the comic was Overkill and the cyborg was Deaths Head II.

Spaceghost

Sounds like Death's Head 2, a Marvel UK character from the 90's.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

cryyourselftoash

Having a look at Nemesis on google imaged to see if anything rings a bell. Nothing looking familiar so far.Was definitly in colour. I know some older 2000AD stuff was B&W.
Think I may be well off the mark and its probabaly not even 2000AD  :-[
So far some of the Deathlok bits look closest, but its not Deathlok either. I remember Huge Horns coming out the side of his head, not like Hell Boy out the forheaf, more like where the ears shoulda been? but yeah, there were definitly huge horns!

Colin YNWA

Lee beat me too it. Not sure what the comic was but was this the fella?

cryyourselftoash

OMFG!!!! i think its Death's Head II!!!!
Damn! bringing back MAJOR memories here!
thanks people!

cryyourselftoash

Yeeeessssss! OOOOVVEERRRRKKKIIILLL! damn, i feel like i'm about 12 all over again! Haha! I even remeber drawing Death's Head and the Overkill logo! Haha, great!

many many thanks to
Bhuna
M.I.K.
Lee
Colin

and everybody that pitched in! wasnt even 2000AD after all! I think it was this Bisley style cover that i had in mind that made me think 2000AD:
http://www.comicvine.com/overkill-/37-187107/

is that Bisley or a faker? if it is him he must have been hungover...
def not his finest moment! haha!
i think thats probably one of the reasons i went off ol' DHII and forgot all about him: went and got hooked on the ABC Warriors instead!

Dandontdare

dammit, that's the one I meant when I said Deathlok D'Oh!

James Stacey