Main Menu

Legal status of Zenith??

Started by klute, 14 April, 2012, 05:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Quote from: Goosegash on 15 April, 2012, 11:52:18 AMThe Peter Carroll thing was new to me as well.

And me, but it has got passing mention here:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,1134.msg8240.html#msg8240

And Jamie Boardman (GN editor at the time) seems to know about it, not the specifics:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,1134.msg8244.html#msg8244

Quote from: Steve Green on 15 April, 2012, 12:12:37 PM
That's a bit weird considering he did the character designs for Zenith didn't he?

And would go on to design the Skrull Kill Krew, which was also created by Morrison/Millar and drawn by Steve Yeowell. So I doubt there was any major bad feeling back in the mid-90s. I wonder if it is connected with the potential Paradax film in the offing:

www.bleedingcool.com/2010/02/04/brendan-mccarthy-brings-paradax-to-hollywood/

Because, reprinting Zenith might not

Looking around on the Carroll thing I found a bit on the magical influences:

QuoteHow did you find about chaos magic in the first place?

I was 19 and I was kinda feeling like nothing's ever gonna happen in my life. [laughs] I thought I was great and I didn't understand why nobody else thought I was great. I didn't understand why I was so alone. The usual. So I went in to a shop and I picked up "Prediction" magazine, a pop occult magazine, mostly about astrological stuff with some vague nods in the direction of magic. And in the back of it there were adverts for a small press zine called "The Lamp of Thoth"—of all the adverts I figured this was the most interesting one, so I sent away for it. So basically that's where Phil Hine started to do a lot of articles, Pete Carroll and Ray Sherman and all the early chaos magic people, and Chris Bray, who was running his occult shop in Leeds. So I got kind of involved with that magical underground and I was getting chaos magic as it was happening.

www.arthurmag.com/2007/02/01/interview-with-grant-morrison-from-the-pages-of-arthur-magazine/
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+