Main Menu

Slaine's Travels in Time

Started by McNulty, 12 January, 2003, 10:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McNulty

Sorry if I am repeating a question that you have already answered but it occurs to me that when Slaine was doing his time travelling, meeting up with such characters as Boudicia, William Wallace, King Arthur  and becoming Robin Hood, he never got to that great Irish hero C?chulainn. Did Pat Mills not want Slaine and C?chulainn to meet?

Link: The A-Z of Cal-Hab

JimBob

A new game for the board take a well known icon and weave in a completly absent subtext sociology student style. An example I read years ago was the Fantastic Four as Woman hating Phallus worshippers: the womans invisible, the expandable Mr Fantastics best friend is a rock hard Thing etc.
 See easy.
I'll start off. Lord of the Rings'  Gay rights subtext. Womena are almost completly absent. Bilbo took Gollums ring deep underground (he's still in the closet), in revenge Gollum will publicly have Frodos Ring. Sam, frodos companion isn't too happy about this. And they end up at the Crack of Doom representing their fear of the female.
 Ah seduction of the innocent part 2.

Queen Firey-Bou

Quirkafleeg

yeah Pat, is it like Nemesis/Deathlok eh eh?

Devons Daddy

did he meet all those people.
i never read any of that stuff.i completely skipped it every week.
 hearing this now makes me so glad i did not bother.
he became robin hood? was that as bad as it sounds.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

McNulty

"He became robin hood? was that as bad as it sounds."

Well, it wasn't all that bad. I did have a problem with him seducing a nun, and that bit with the false Jesus Christ, that left a bad taste in my mouth...

Mills realy does have a problem with Christianity, doesn't he.

Link: http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~rjamieson/Cal-Hab/index.html" target="_blank">The A-Z of Cal-Hab