Main Menu

Pimping PARAGON #16 - Bulldog is back!

Started by Daveycandlish, 24 April, 2014, 07:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

Captain Winston Bulldog is back in comic strip action in the new issue of PARAGON and you can pre-order your copy now!

30 years after creator Jason Cobley first launched the anthropomorphic adventures of Blighty's best fighter pilot against the vegenation, he's back in a new series with all his old gang; including Keiko Panda, Brittany Bell and Squadron leader Biggsworth - it is not to be missed!

Order your copy from the PARAGON blogspot now!
http://paragoncomic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/paragon-16-pre-order-yours-today.html
More preview art from the other strips coming soon!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Daveycandlish

But it's not just about Bulldog (although he is the subject of a fantastic back page pin up by a special guest artist - ex-Bulldog artist and regular artdroid, PJ Holden!)

We also have the next instalment of the new adventure for El Bigote, the undead Mexican bandit who fires deadly quills from his enormous 'tache - ay caramba!

La Noche de los Muertoads by Locust, El Chivo and Bolt.

Take advantage of the pre-order offer and get cheaper P&P by ordering through the blog this week. Once it's available through Lulu.com you'll have to pay their P&P fees!

Order yours now - it ain't called PARAGON for nothing!

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Daveycandlish

In Spencer Nero and the Bicycle Tree by Greg Meldrum, James Corcoran and John Caliber, our 1930s British adventurer finds himself trapped by Nature's deadliest!

Have you got your copy yet? :)

Daveycandlish

Jikan in chains and in Hell!

The time travelling demon hunter finally finds himself face to face with his tormentor but who are the other prisoners? Buy it and find out!

Jikan; Shimasu Part One
by Mark Howard, El Chivo and John Caliber

Daveycandlish

The fantastic back page pin up of Bulldog by special guest artist PJ Holden!

Take advantage of the pre-order offer this weekend or you'll be paying lulu.com's P&P costs next week!

Greg M.

The art in this issue is absolutely sublime - not least the welcome whopping dose of El Chivo, who is playing a blinder.

Daveycandlish

'Tis a bit good innit?

Here's more;

That's Bludd & Xandi by Mark Howard and Tom Newall, with inks by Daveycandlish and lettered by Jim Campbell

Have you ordered yours yet?
http://paragoncomic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/paragon-16-pre-order-yours-today.html

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

David Broughton

As if the amazing image by PJ Holden isn't enough to blow my thrill circuits, the artwork provided in the sneek peeks of  Paragon 16 looks very tasty!  If I do ok at Bristol next week I'll be buying a copy of this. :D

However I noticed Mr. Mark Howard has two stories in this issue. Having had the pleasure of working with Mark before I would like to ask him a question.

I like the idea of Bludd & Xandi, why and how did you come up with the idea for this story?

Daveycandlish

It's FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!

In the spirit of the thing, why not download the last couple of issues - free, gratis and for nothing?!

http://www.lulu.com/shop/paragon-comic/paragon-15-e-edition/ebook/product-21345272.html

Or maybe the Cushing & Sons e-book? An adventure inspired by our love of Hammer films!

http://www.lulu.com/shop/dave-candlish/cushing-sons-ebook/ebook/product-21129866.html

Or maybe the horror anthology, AAIIEEE!!!

http://www.lulu.com/shop/paragon-comic/aaiieee-e-edition/ebook/product-21369988.html

Go on, treat yourself!

The Legendary Shark

Hi Mr B! Thanks for the kind words but my scripts would be nothing without amazing artists like yourself - so thank you all for making me look good!

Bludd and Xandi evolved over many years. "Evolved" is a bit of a pretentious word to use, I suppose, because the story has been in my mind for decades just bubbling away at the back. It began as a kind of homage to, or rip-off of if I'm honest, Sapphire and Steel. Over the years the characters evolved into "angels" but not the traditional Biblical sense and with the stories I wanted to explore some of the less well known ideas about life and death, evolution, love and hate and all stuff like that.

I hope that answers your question and, more importantly, that you enjoy the strip!

And big thanks to the Candlish Bot (and he works so hard, he must be a robot) for giving B&X a home. If people like it, I may even write Book II...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Daveycandlish

And I'm working hard at getting the e-edition sorted  :)

I've one last strip to show off;

Have you got your copy yet?

JAMESCOR

Downloaded last night as I was curious to see how the Nero turned out think I made the right choice to remove the panel grid. Though am I imagining it or has the text changed? Great to see bulldog return seem to remember him appearing in the megazine a few times years ago and priest wood is a great fit for the strip.

Greg M.

Quote from: JAMESCOR on 05 May, 2014, 08:27:12 AM
Downloaded last night as I was curious to see how the Nero turned out think I made the right choice to remove the panel grid. Though am I imagining it or has the text changed?

Text looks as per script to me - I definitely didn't change anything. Having seen the finished story I probably would tweak a couple of the boxes, but that's the perfectionist in me. Irrespective, fantastic art, James.