Main Menu

2000 AD Dan Dare reprinted

Started by Steve Green, 30 October, 2014, 06:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

Fungus

Nice, that's a lot of Dan across 2 volumes. Highlight has to be Belardinelli  :)

Steve Green

Dunk!

"Trust we"

Heath C Ackley

Good news! I can remember reading the strip first time around in 2000ad. Wasn't there a guy who had a handgun permanently fused to his hand? The Mekon was such a great villian too.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

TordelBack

Zarjaz!  Never thought I'd see the day.  A lot of this will be new to me, as my collection of the first few years is patchy. 

Steve Green

Quote from: ZippoCreed on 30 October, 2014, 06:40:51 PM
Good news! I can remember reading the strip first time around in 2000ad. Wasn't there a guy who had a handgun permanently fused to his hand? The Mekon was such a great villian too.

Hitman, yeah.

Colin YNWA

Oh wow, oh yeah - the last strip missing from my collection. Didn't expect to see this, this side of me plucking up he courage to go for the first 40 issues. FANTASTIC.

Now we just have to sit and cross our fingers that they print those old Belardinelli centre spreads in colour. Probably a little optimistic but one lives in hope.

Thanks for the heads up. made my day that one.

I, Cosh

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 October, 2014, 06:41:08 PM
Zarjaz!  Never thought I'd see the day.  A lot of this will be new to me, as my collection of the first few years is patchy.
Me too. I've only ever read Prog 1 and the stories reprinted by Eagle/Quality which started from around Prog 50 for some reason.

Great news.
We never really die.

Frank

Quote from: The Cosh on 30 October, 2014, 07:17:02 PM
(T)he stories reprinted by Eagle/Quality ... started from around Prog 50 for some reason

Dave Gibbons, presumably.

Steve Green

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 30 October, 2014, 07:16:16 PM
Oh wow, oh yeah - the last strip missing from my collection. Didn't expect to see this, this side of me plucking up he courage to go for the first 40 issues. FANTASTIC.

Now we just have to sit and cross our fingers that they print those old Belardinelli centre spreads in colour. Probably a little optimistic but one lives in hope.

Thanks for the heads up. made my day that one.

I'm hoping they will - it's more of a finite special edition like Zenith rather than an ongoing collection.

Plus I think there are at least a couple of full-colour annual stories if they're reprinting those as well.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 30 October, 2014, 07:16:16 PMNow we just have to sit and cross our fingers that they print those old Belardinelli centre spreads in colour. Probably a little optimistic but one lives in hope.
Cor! Keep talking, I'm almost there...
We never really die.

hippynumber1

Now PLEASE tell us that they're the oversize hardback format...

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 30 October, 2014, 07:16:16 PM

Colour + spreads=Yes