Main Menu

Simon Fraser needs your vote!

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 August, 2023, 02:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well I don't know if he needs it, but defo think he'd appreciate it. Edie Nugent posted this over on Facebook.

QuoteHey all, Simon Fraser has entered a contest to be a Red Sonja cover artist, and needs your votes. Register for threadless, and give him a 5 rating!

So you go here, register (takes seconds) and give Simon 5 votes.

Then something nice happens to Simon - I think he gets a cover BUT Threadless is a t-shirt shop so I dunno... but hey Simon does lots of amazing art for us so let's do something nice for him... whatever it might be...

Colin YNWA

Arh this is what its about, it is a cover! And I mean some of the others are pretty okay but NONE are close to Simon's so forget about Simon just vote for what is clearly the best entry!

Barrington Boots

Done. There's a real mix of art styles there. Love the dynamism of Simon's image.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

JohnW

Done, but there'd better be cake in return.
I mean fair's fair.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Barrington Boots

Quote from: JohnW on 15 August, 2023, 03:48:41 PMDone, but there'd better be cake in return.
I mean fair's fair.

Red Sonja Velvet?

JohnW

I was thinking of the face of Tsar Vladimir the Conqueror – with currants and stuff.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Illyana

I will absolutely have cake when we're in the UK next. I came here to post a call to vote, and Content Colin beat me to it! We love you Colin.

Thank you all for your votes. We're 32 away from the top spot and we have 6 more days to get votes so please register & vote!

https://www.threadless.com/designs/sonja-vs-orcs

JohnW

You heard the woman! Get voting!
One vote from you and one from your burner account.
No one's standing between me and my Tsar-Vladimir-in-marzipan cake!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 15 August, 2023, 03:51:38 PM
Quote from: JohnW on 15 August, 2023, 03:48:41 PMDone, but there'd better be cake in return.
I mean fair's fair.

Red Sonja Velvet?

I also think we need to acknowledge the genius of this as well before it gets lost in the rush to vote for Simon!

Woolly

I've scored it a 5, is that the same as a vote?

-Confused, Sheffield

*Edit: Ignore me. I've sorted it.

Illyana

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 August, 2023, 03:11:58 PM
Quote from: Barrington Boots on 15 August, 2023, 03:51:38 PM
I mean fair's fair.

Red Sonja Velvet?

I also think we need to acknowledge the genius of this as well before it gets lost in the rush to vote for Simon!

I made a Scarlett Velvet Cake for an Oscars party on year when Scarlett Johanson was in a movie up for awards.i could do this! Red velvet with ginger color frosting?

Barrington Boots

That'd be awesome. With a sword cake topper!

Colin YNWA

Certianly sounds about right. Maybe those silver mini bauble things around the edge...

broodblik

Just added my vote, go team Dante
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Illyana

Hey y'all. So this other piece that has a day more to gather votes than Simon does (entered the contest on the final day) is only 5 votes away from tying him.

Make sure to vote to give him a 5, and any way you can mobilize 2000ad fans please do ❤️