Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 03 November, 2011, 09:31:28 AM
'Final Cut' doesn't mean post-production is done. It just means, the assembly cut has been tuned to a point where the film content is fully structured/edited and the story/acting is full and complete. There could still be a good few months of FX work on certain shots to be done on the plus mixing and scoring.

You're right Joe, although considering the actual script content, it's pretty likely - likely, not certain - they're near the end now in the visual effects process (it's not on an Avatar scale of effects work, after all) now, although the sound mixing and scoring you're probably totally correct on, plus perfecting the final 3-D presentation may take a little more time as well, but that's okay with me, the more time to get it right, the better the final product... and that's what REALLY matters, after all!
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

brendan1

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 03 November, 2011, 08:25:13 AM

John Wagner didn't actually say he had a problem with the early cut he saw, he just said he hoped they'd corrected some of the problems in the early rough cut

So he identified that there were some problems in the first cut he saw, and hopes that they are corrected.

Beaky Smoochies

Kinda splitting hairs there really, John Wagner admitting there were some problems IN the early cut is different to having a problem WITH the early cut, and John seems to be more the former than the latter, but I get and acknowledge your point Brendan...

To give an example, the first cut of Star Wars was a complete and total disaster, leading to George Lucas and team firing the British editor and shipping the filmed footage in it's entirety to California to edit it properly with new editors, the problem there was WITH the early cut of the movie.  Nearly a year of post-production followed, wherein there were still problems IN the final cut that were continuously ironed out before they settled on the final theatrically released movie (and if only George had left it alone after that, say no more...), sorry if I'm belabouring the point, just felt I needed to clarify exactly what I meant in the original post.
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

PreacherCain

Sorry if this has been asked/answered already...

Anyone any idea when we might see a teaser/trailer for Dredd?

JOE SOAP

Whenever they decide, maybe mid-late Spring, online most likely or possibly tied to the Hunger Games in late March.

Danbo

Still no word on merchandising for the film? will there be any at all? A few action figs wouldn't go amiss if anyone's reading.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

JOE SOAP

Doubt there'll be anything other than a few boutique items and books.

JUDGE BURNS

JUST 38 WEEKS TO GO................ :D

Mike Carroll

Yay! The Dredd movie is happening this year!

- Mike

DKCX

Buttonman

It was one of Alex Zane's '12 for 2012' in The Sun (I saw it at my folks') so if that isn't the definition of greatness I've no idea what is.

W. R. Logan

But there was a crap pic and no detail, whereas all the other films had something about them.
Because there's no info every time you see a mention of the Dredd film it just goes on about Stallone and 1995.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: SneakeeX on 01 January, 2012, 01:20:00 AM
Little write up on Empire
http://www.empireonline.com/features/2012-movie-preview/default.asp

Bad research for a start. The usual lazy mistake concerning the oft-quoted "Danny Boyle's production company DNA"; it's not his company, he doesn't own DNA nor does he have anything to do with them -or Dredd- other than he directed a few films for them before he made it to 'Hollywood'.

DKCX

Have they confused Andrew MacDonald for Danny Boyle? Or Is it because of the history of working together on many projects that've simply lumped them as one?
Does seem to be an obvious mistake on the writers part and everyone who has written regarding DNA films.

JOE SOAP

It's down to cutting & pasting bits of older articles into something that looks kinda new to fill magazine space.