Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

SBT has been invited to watch the DREDD film on Bluray at my house and hopefully by then there will be a special extended edition of Stallone's version out on Bluray as well. We'll have a double bill of excellence and horror at the same time  :thumbsup:

JOE SOAP

Quote from: NSFTM on 12 February, 2012, 03:33:29 PM
Also in response to why the exclusive appearing on a Spanish fan site is probably because they would get a more positive response than posting it on here.

It wasn't an exclusive, the Spanish site just nicked it from the showreel which has since been pulled cos it's unofficial.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 12 February, 2012, 03:47:22 PM
We'll have a double bill of excellence and horror at the same time  :thumbsup:[/color]

Don't tell me you'll both be showering your helmets together.

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Goaty on 12 February, 2012, 03:29:46 PM

Er... how long was that "van chase" footage? Few secs? And some of gives your views of the film based on the unfinished FX footage! Oh take a chill pill.

There no Official yet.

Hold on a second there Goaty - it's an old van being chased, a sentence that speaks for itself however long or short said chase may be.
Losing  too much future tech,  would be very disapppointing.

JOE SOAP

This has been an apparent feature since the get-go.

Gonk

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 February, 2012, 03:47:04 PM
Put simply and bluntly: [spoiler]Nowhere in the script is a date given to when it's set, only that the city exists within an irradiated wasteland. [/spoiler]

Hhmm.[spoiler]A barren and infertile wasteland[/spoiler] then, is easier to portray than a metropolis. Should've called it [spoiler]The Cursed Earth[/spoiler]. ;)
coming at a cinema near you soon

JOE SOAP

Quote from: wonkychop on 12 February, 2012, 03:56:28 PM

Should've called it [spoiler]The Cursed Earth[/spoiler]

It's called that too.

Gonk

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 February, 2012, 03:52:46 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 12 February, 2012, 03:47:22 PM
We'll have a double bill of excellence and horror at the same time  :thumbsup:[/color]

Don't tell me you'll both be showering your helmets together.
:lol:
From what I can gather they could do with a wash!

Gonk

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 12 February, 2012, 03:53:46 PM

Losing  too much future tech,  would be very disapppointing.

It might Sherman. But then again, a stripped down version of Dredd could make a welcome change. More action.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Personally I am really liking the use of 20th century style vehicles. It feels very Mad Max which I love. And I think it gives it the grim future feel better.

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 February, 2012, 03:55:02 PM
This has been an apparent feature since the get-go.

Erm No it hasnt.When the other vehicles were critisised on here there were innumerable posts citing that they may just be background vehicles, SFX had to be added etc etc and to just wait.Only now are we getting a better picture.
It can still be a great film and as I said I will see it many times regardless.Nevertheless, I still dearly wish it is recognisable (beyond the uniforms) as Dredds world, but the distinct lack of future tech is currently pointing away from that.

Steve Green

It was apparent to anyone who wasn't deluding themselves and clinging on to a faint hope that there'd be something more futuristic...

The catch wagons were all contemporary, why on earth would they have anything marginally more high-tech elsewhere? Doesn't matter if they were background vehicles or not, they've still got to convincingly sit in the same world as the rest.

The ambulance is more retro, so I can't imagine why people are that surprised that the criminals are driving an old piece of crap as well...

radiator

Yeah, I'd actually forgotten about the ambulance. I remember thinking at the time those pictures leaked that everything looked very late 70s/early 80s - like a retro idea of what the future might be like, going back to the roots of Judge Dredd.

Didn't someone recently say that the first scene in DREDD is [spoiler]almost shot for shot identical to the one from on of the Dirty Harry movies?[/spoiler]

Richmond Clements

There have been loads of examples of 'old' vehicles in MC-1.
Someone with more get up and go them me could, if they wanted, post an example. I have seen vehivles that look like something from the 1030s in MC-1 in the comic, but as was pointed out earlier, folks seem to have selective amnesia.

Stan

Even though I'm still holding out for something more sci-fi (robots/aliens/spaceships etc) I also like the Verhoevian approach.

If they're still making Robocop they should probably stop now.