Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Oh and personally if I had a wish list if there were going to be time travel or dimensional shift inspired films Id like to see a Batman - Dredd crossover.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

dracula1

It's nice we are all talking about a sequel and are all positive about DREDD making enough for this to happen.  So down to the nuts and bolts of Death appearing in Dredd2 or 3.  Would it be full CGI for this or Peter Crouch made up heavily in prosthetic's ;-)

Buddy

No... It will be Hugo Weaving for Death... to fulfill his 'appear in every film ever made' mission.

"Mrs. Anderssssooon... we've missssssed you....."

I can't see supernatural elements fitting into this vision of Dredd... lets hope there is a follow up to DREDD to find out.

Goaty

Just hope the sequel will be remake of 1995 "Judge Dredd" plot?

*Quickly get my coat, ran off*  ;)

Bat King

A Rico plot done properly would be very welcome.  More than a Dark Judges one.

I'd like Urban to play Rico in the flashbacks might not matter once he is post Titan...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Michaelvk

What about Peter Stormare as Death?
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Goaty

Teivion

Quote from: dracula1 on 15 February, 2012, 01:05:05 PM
It's nice we are all talking about a sequel and are all positive about DREDD making enough for this to happen.  So down to the nuts and bolts of Death appearing in Dredd2 or 3.  Would it be full CGI for this or Peter Crouch made up heavily in prosthetic's ;-)

I see GREG STAPLES has commented on his FBook page that there is a (proposed?) Frankenstein film, where The Monster is pegged to be Motion-capture. It'd be a great shame not to use an actor for Death- in whatever form of plot- as I think its one character where full CGI would be a shame. Two Faces makeup would be a good example of a good blend of methods, however.
Maybe 'Death' as we know and love him could be a result of a dimension jump gone wrong for instance.

The longer the supernatural side of Dredd's world is put off though, the harder it would be to introduce. I recon anybody willing to go and see Dredd would be happy to accept Dredds world for what it is- it just needs a decent script.
Get it wrong and yes, you will have a Bobby Ewing in the shower feeling over it all, get it right and you are well away.

I think two good ways to discuss the reality Vs comic world of Dredd is to consider how, or if, they should use 'Boing' in the film(s).
Not to mention good' ol Chopper on a Hover board- esp if they have already used his tag.

dracula1

Quote from: Buddy on 15 February, 2012, 02:09:05 PM
No... It will be Hugo Weaving for Death... to fulfill his 'appear in every film ever made' mission.

I can't see supernatural elements fitting into this vision of Dredd... lets hope there is a follow up to DREDD to find out.
:-)
I'll admit Weaving does look good wearing a skull a-la the red skull,  so he's halfway there for representing Death.

Gonk

I think Radiator had a good idea when he seggested condensing Cal and Death into one character. Then you could incorporate the madness of Cal with JUdge Death. Maybe by having Cal somehow or other physically deformed so he resembles Judge Death in physical appearance, add a few touches of decay and decadence to Mega City and the characters in it.....who knows.
coming at a cinema near you soon

Goaty

Better way is rogue PSI judge gone bit crazy so became "Judge Death"

Michaelvk

Quote from: Buddy on 15 February, 2012, 02:09:05 PM

That's MS. thank-you-very-much..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

radiator

I remember someone suggesting Iggy Pop for the role of Judge Death, which would be amazing.

dracula1

All spot on suggestions so far and l would be happy to see any of them in a sequel
but hasn't Garland set up a way of introducing Death in DREDD.  I haven't read the script and heard mention from a source that escapes me  that a ....

*****potential SPOILER ALERT!*****

a Cult of Death is introduced in the new movie? !

radiator

As for the version of 'reality' that exists in the movie Dredd world, I get the impression that the supernatural/technological/extraterrestrial elements are being played down (much as they were in the 1995 film), but it all depends on what the tone of the final film is like.

They could just introduce Death as an alien superfiend, and it could work fine - who knows? They already have a psychic mutant in this film (Anderson), so there certainly are some supernatural elements present in this world.

I remember the director Jon Favreau expressing concern/skepticism when they announced the plans for The Avengers, because he had seen the world that his Iron Man is set in as not too far removed from our own, and hadn't conceived of things like aliens and Norse Gods sharing the screen with his version of Tony Stark.