Main Menu

PRESS RELEASE: Ampney Crucis Investigates…Vile Bodies

Started by Molch-R, 07 December, 2011, 12:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

'PG Wodehouse meets HP Lovecraft' as the gentleman dandy delves into dark goings-on

Are you ready for the jolly good rip through the fabric of reality to a devilish dimension that needs but a gateway to our world?

Introducing Ampney Crucis – the dashing gentleman dandy who's a dab hand with the old detective lark, especially when concerned with dark creatures from beyond the veil!

It's PG Wodehouse meets HP Lovecraft in this rip-roaring yarn from the pages of legendary British comic book 2000 AD.

Accompanied by his trusty manservant, Cromwell, Crucis's knack for seeing what others cannot – thanks to frightful encounter with something monstrous in the Somme back in 1916 that drove him quite, quite insane for a time – leads him to investigate suspicious goings-on in 1928, from a manor house overrun by the garden – literally – to the bracing and bloody seaside, Crucis and Cromwell

Written by champion raconteur Ian Edginton (Victorian Undead, Scarlet Traces) and with spiffing painted artwork by that jolly talented fellow, Simon Davis (Stone Island, Judge Dredd), this first collection of Ampney's supernatural adventures belongs in any respectable gentleman's comic collection.

Out on 19th January 2012   ISBN 978-1-907992-94-0      £11.99

About the creative team
Having already established himself as a writer with the biggest names in US comics publishing, Ian Edginton made an instant impact at 2000 AD, collaborating with Steve Yeowell on the occult pirate series Red Seas. Having written both Judge Dredd and Rogue Trooper, Ian has also co-created several strips for the Galaxy's Greatest Comic, including American Gothic, Stone Island, Detonator X and the highly-regarded Stickleback.

Simon Davis' unique painted style has long been a fixture of 2000 AD and he created the Tony Blair parody B.L.A.I.R. 1, as well as worked on Black Siddha, Downlode Tales, Judge Dredd, Missionary Man, Outlaw, Plagues of Necropolis, Tales of Telguuth, Tharg the Mighty and Vector 13. His non-2000 AD comic strip work includes DC's JLA: Riddle of the Beast. Simon is also a successful portrait artist and was short-listed for the 'National Portrait Gallery BP Portrait Award' in 2008.

Large48

He was the runner up in National Portrait Gallery award 2008.
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Emperor

Quote from: Large48 on 07 December, 2011, 05:05:20 PM
He was the runner up in National Portrait Gallery award 2008.

And has won numerous other awards for his portraits:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Davis_(comics)#Awards

And is a member of the Royal Society of Portrait Painters, which seems quite a big deal too.

I'm not sure how big a deal Riddle of the Beast was as he was one of 16 artists on that book (quite a few droids).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Molch-R

We only have so much space on the page for these press releases, y'know ;)