Main Menu

the shakes

Started by Judo, 07 April, 2012, 12:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judo

I'm sorry to hear that TB *hugs* it's always sad to lose a loved one, and especially regretful if it could have been prolonged. I shall definitely see a Dr to avoid misfortune via stubbornity (should so be a word) but yeah TB im the same - ive only been to the Drs over one thing and that turned out to be very serious.

emperor you trying to scare me lol! i like all my extremities just where they are thankyou very much! :O I have to keep a good diet as unfortunately not blessed with the eat whatever genome. No less than 1200 and no more than 1600 calories a day, fish for *at least* 1/3 meals and a multi vitamin pill every morning and no this isn't a 'diet', just a healthy lifestyle choice counterbalance for all the binge drinking. sleep hmmm i do nights and day shifts so I have shittest sleep pattern ever but I don't really get a choice on that as I am a slave to The Man and all that jazz.

hey Byah hows it going? That must have been terrible news to hear and yes instinctive googlitis im sure. Well up until recently I though getting the shakes when you haven't eaten anything was normal but im now finding out that it is not normal, and in fact, most people seem to think justifies charging the every day tax payer whatever extortionate amount per appointment it is. So consider me exempt from blame when your tax comes off this month x 

edit for blocks...
oh roger I think you might be right as I hear arseholitis has negative health effects on those around them, even via the t'internets. What a shame there is no cure at this time.

aww joe you still stalking me <3 yes I may have to cos they are extortionate x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

JayzusB.Christ

I say get it checked, but only to put your mind at rest. It's almost certainly nothing - I spent a large percentage of my early adulthood worrying that I had various different diseases, and indeed visited the doctor probably more than most people of my age.  Every single time I was told it was nothing serious, and I now realise that the chances of someone in their early 20s having a serious illness are very small indeed.
So yeah, go to the doctor, but don't worry in the meantime, it's highly probable you're absolutely fine.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

As ever, Jayzus has the right of it.

COMMANDO FORCES

Death is inevitable  :'(

TordelBack

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 07 April, 2012, 05:28:26 PM
Death is inevitable  :'(

-pshaw- I'm holding on for be uploaded in the Singularity meself, although presumably once I actually exist in cyberspace I'll spend all my time commenting on inanities in the real world...

Emperor

Indeed - I'm pretty sure I also had the shakes and rollercoaster energy levels in my 20s. I found that giving up drinking and speed, reducing my caffeine and sugar intake, sorting my diet out, plus eating and sleeping at regular intervals fixed it. In addition all the indigestion and stomach pains (the latter requiring a number of trips to hospital, some involving invasive procedures I could have done without) disappeared too, along with other odd niggles I'm sure.

It is either called being young or getting old. Soon it'll be suppositories and slippers for me. Woo hoo.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Emperor on 07 April, 2012, 05:36:30 PMSoon it'll be suppositories and slippers for me. Woo hoo.

The slippers may be harder to absorb up there.

TordelBack

So that's what was going on in all those Beano strips.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Does it go away if you drink?

That's not a trick question - it's one a doc will ask. Because the most common shake is a "familial tremor". Which I have got. And which goes away if you have alcohol in you. And which started in my mid-twenties. And which is harmless, but will get worse so that you have a shaky hand in your 80s.
Lock up your spoons!

Emperor

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 April, 2012, 05:41:45 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 07 April, 2012, 05:36:30 PMSoon it'll be suppositories and slippers for me. Woo hoo.

The slippers may be harder to absorb up there.

Good point. I will be sending a letter to the Slipper Manufacturers Association asking them to add a safety notice to all future pairs: Not to be taken rectally.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

vzzbux

I get random shakes every now and again but that is due to very heavy binge drinking when I was younger. Listen up kids Heavy drinking is bad for you.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Roger Godpleton

My prescription for ailments is always to run into a wall repeatedly at full speed.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

vzzbux

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 07 April, 2012, 09:38:54 PM
My prescription for ailments is always to run into a wall repeatedly at full speed.
I tried that once and missed.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

SpetsnaZ99

Quote from: Emperor on 07 April, 2012, 05:36:30 PM
It is either called being young or getting old. Soon it'll be suppositories and slippers for me. Woo hoo.

A friend of mine (who is a first aider at work, so he knows what he's talking about) told me the only thing you should put in your bottom are suppositories or your elbow. (hang on he may have been talking about my ears)
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Never put anything larger than a pirate in your ear
You may quote me on that.