Main Menu

New 2000AD Covers Blog

Started by Pete Wells, 06 July, 2009, 06:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Steller stuff as per, Mr. Wells. Top job. ;)

Montynero

Great post Pete. It's a fantastic cover from a brilliant artist - top drawer design and rendering!

Frank

Quote from: Al_Ewing on 27 March, 2013, 12:40:49 AM
Ta for the Zombo recap, Pete - from the sound of some of the feedback it's much needed! I've linked to it on Twitter and Tumblr in an effort to spread the word to prospective new readers.

Consider yourself the recipient of an unofficial  :sick:Krill Tro Zombo :sick:! I'm sure Henry would agree.

"Blimey" indeed, Pete, and crivvens and help ma boab too. I hope you'll still find time for your old pals, now you get to play with the big nobs of the industry.

Darren Stephens

Excellent, as ever. The keep Zombo green campaign starts here! :P
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Dandontdare

Quote from: sauchie on 28 March, 2013, 06:13:29 PM
now you get to play with the big nobs of the industry.

That's just a rumour Al's been trying to spread!

You do know he'll be making his own medal for this and wearing it at conventions?  :D

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dandontdare on 28 March, 2013, 06:36:50 PM
Quote from: sauchie on 28 March, 2013, 06:13:29 PM
now you get to play with the big nobs of the industry.

That's just a rumour Al's been trying to spread!

You do know he'll be making his own medal for this and wearing it at conventions?  :D
AKA Indication that this man is a suck up. We'll all be cueing up for a punch. :lol:

Frank

Nah, Pete's just naturally the nicest man alive. Although I do think Dandontdare's suggestion that he should have a medal minted in the shape of Al's nob has some merit.

jabish

Thanks so much Pete. The Zombo recap is brilliant and much needed. Rebellion should employ you to do this for every returning series or there should be recaps like this on the long promised 2000ad wiki. With so many new readers because of the new Dredd movies the worry is that these returning stories are a bit impenetrable as these days there is such a long gap between books.

Would love a recap like that for Stickleback as well.

Thanks again for a great blog and all your hard work.

JB

Mabs

Quote from: jabish on 29 March, 2013, 12:35:42 PM
Thanks so much Pete. The Zombo recap is brilliant and much needed. Rebellion should employ you to do this for every returning series or there should be recaps like this on the long promised 2000ad wiki. With so many new readers because of the new Dredd movies the worry is that these returning stories are a bit impenetrable as these days there is such a long gap between books.

Would love a recap like that for Stickleback as well.

Thanks again for a great blog and all your hard work.

JB

Mate, instead of getting a recap for Stickleback you're better off just buying/ reading the trade as it is so good, believe me. Normally i take two or three sittings to read a comic as i hate rushing a good story, but stickleback had me so enthralled i just whizzed through it in one go! Great stuff.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Pete Wells

Thanks for the complements/abuse fellas, it makes all the sucking up worthwhile!

A Stickleback recap eh? I'll see what I can do. However, MAbs is spot on, reading the strips is infinitely better than reading my clunky drivel!

jabish

Absolutely, I agree whole-heartedly. But I'm not a new reader I'm a long time subscriber and I read the strips originally and to be honest its great to have that handy recap when a new book starts.

Far from clunky drivel sir, your Zombo recap made me want to reread the strips themselves big time. And it's a great thing for new readers to have. A place to catch up on something which they are diving into the middle of. There is no doubt that will probably want to go out and buy the collections to catch up. But in the first instance recaps are essential I think.

My two pence.

Thanks again Pete.

best

JB

SKD

Great blog, as always Pete, cheers.

Not seen it revealed elswhere yet, but you've got mentioned in 'Dredd's Comportment' in IDW's JUDGE DREDD #5. ...Pete Wells' fascinating "2000AD Covers Uncovered" blog... Now might be a good time to tap them up for a few of their covers. :D

All the best.

Stew. 

Pete Wells

Quote from: SKD on 30 March, 2013, 10:29:24 AM
Great blog, as always Pete, cheers.

Not seen it revealed elswhere yet, but you've got mentioned in 'Dredd's Comportment' in IDW's JUDGE DREDD #5. ...Pete Wells' fascinating "2000AD Covers Uncovered" blog... Now might be a good time to tap them up for a few of their covers. :D

Cool, cheers Stew! I've got an IDW covers roundup pretty much ready to go. I'll try and post it this week.

Eamonn Clarke

Just want to add my voice to all the appreciation for your fantastic blog.
Love it, particularly D'Israeli's commentaries, but all the artists' contributions are great.

More power to your blog, sir!

Pete Wells

Nick Percival's orrible cover to this weeks' prog is on the blog along with a fine selection of Nick's other covers, luvverly!