Main Menu

Dan Dare

Started by JimBob, 09 May, 2008, 02:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBob

Anyone reading the new Dare comic? Enjoying it so far despite a couple of niggling problems, and liking the respect and understanding for the character, he was never a jingoistic figure as he's sometimes made out to be, and it almost makes up for my deep dislike for Morrisons Dare. Well almost...

The Monarch

Yes due to some quantum disturbance in time or a f-up on the part of the comic shop I visit you decide. I have the next issue of 200ad in my grubby hands!

cover is savage taking on some guy with a pillow or somethingon his head no clue as I stopped reading savage ages ago.

both the current dredd story and savage end in this issue

Dead eyes is still brilliant

Dead signal takes yet another turn. man how many is that now?

ten seconders....err no clue sorry

letters page is here B-man but I don't recognise the names so it could very well be the first letters page in a while not to have one of us board members on it!

what may be of most interest though is the advert for EE which confirms what we have suspected for ages Robohunter: The slaying of slade complete and uncut!

Art

I'm kind of digging it, it seems to have captured the charcater well, and is some good solid writing from Ennis if not his best (that would be Hitman or Punisher, IMHO). The various cover artists have been pretty fun as well.

Art

In a way I guess itâ??s good that the Morrison/Hughes one exists â?? even if you donâ??t like it (I did) it means that Ennis canâ??t just have  the Mekon buggering Dan Dare while Dare says "Gah! Thatchers Britain!".  

Trout

I'm loving it. I love the way it's just an adventure story with this recognisable - and properly-depicted - character in it.

Hi, JimBob. Long time no see!

- Trout