Main Menu

Meg 265 - Rex and Violence

Started by paulvonscott, 12 November, 2007, 11:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnone

Well sorry about the delay but here's my two cents on the Meg this month

Dredd:as with last months story fine , throwaway fun.

PJ HOLDEN INTERVIEW : Again fine , Pj's a good artist and I hope fearless works out for him , it does show the difference to the old days when Fleetway ran the show, they would have acted like he didn't exsist for going to an American Company.

Simon Davis : Once again fine , an interesting Article and Davis shows what a fine artist he truly is ( How much does he charge for portraits?)

Black Museum: As always one of the stronger strips the Meg Prints.

Blood of Satanus : discuss after class

Sci Fi Deaths : utterly pointless!?!?!

Small Press : Grey Days , Not Bad needs some work but still fun especially the "Secrets" gag

New Films : Fine again you either agree With Mr Worley or you don't , on Thirty Days of Night I strongly disagree ( which brings me to his earlier article on Vampires which he praised Thirty Days but then dismisses it in his review well which is it Alec?) On shrooms I agree wholeheartedly ( but that's because I've actually met the Director once or twice and personally don't think he's very talented!)

Dredd Files : Again totally pointless filler

Fink Angel: A ridiculous ending but the story did end before it wore out it's welcome.

Overall an Average Meg but I do think there may be with the new line up a comeback on the cards . However I would like to adress one thing here ...In last Months John Hinkleton Interview and in this months Simon Davis Interview they refer to Pat Mills and his " Detractors" with the letters page trying to drum up support for Satanus ( And to a lesser extent Black Siddah)  Well I for one am not a " Detractor" but a fan of Mr Mills  but the simple truth is ..SATANUS was the greatest load of old shite that I have ever seen dumped on the reader , from start to end Nine months later this has been an  embarrasment to Mills , the Meg and the fans who had to read it...like I said  I have been a huge fan of Mr Mills work since I was Seven years old  ( Charleys war ( Bring that back by the way) , Invasion, Ro Busters, Abc Warriors , Savage)  all great characters but I know when Shit is Shit and Satanus was Shit! It's over now , lets hope Pat gets on form soon and writes great characters again but I do wish the editor would come out and admit that it was a mistake and that it will never happen again.!

Funt Solo

::"I do wish the editor would come out"

What's his sexual orientation got to do with it?

Ba-dum tisch!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Art

So, it's a little hard to make out, but I take it Satanus is dead right? I'm a little confused, does thismean he has already done the terrible thing which he would one day do?

TordelBack

..., does thismean he has already done the terrible thing which he would one day do?

I always figured that was chomping school buses in the Terror Tubes while ridiculously enlarged by Thoth.  And bad and all as that sequence was, I think I'll keep thinking that.

satchmo

Reading the film review column reminded me of the TV advert I saw for Shrooms the other day. I laughed out loud when it was described as "Blair Witch on acid".

Byron Virgo

We had much the same reaction here - and I thought that Blair Witch was pretty much 'Blair Witch...on ACID', being that it was a gang of boggly-eyed twats running around in the forest, convinced that they were being stalked by an unseen 'witch'...

TordelBack

Rolling my puopils back into my head, I foresee that Shrooms is destined to become a cult classic for persons some two decades younger than most of us here.  Or something.

Byron Virgo

satchmo

TordelBack

What...seven year olds?

You don't know you're born, Virgo!  Young people these days.

steev.

Dah! I thought I was being all gritty and gruesome!
Is it not just a touch horrifying?
sigh, maybe one day....

steve

johnone

Thank You I'll be here all week , please eat the veal!

TordelBack

Keep chasing that rainbow, Steve!  

Both Angel tales were pretty gruesome fare in places, and the McMahonesque inking was top stuff throughout... but still cute as a bundle of hobbits, I'm afraid.  Mind you, lethal bites aside, Ratty and his little bowler has always made Fink stories a little cutesy..

Hoagy

Anyone with Sky Plus may like to know that Vampirella is showing at 01:10 hrs this following midnight, on the SCIFI channel.

MegaCityAnnouncementsTannoyforPublicServicesLtd.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Mardroid

I watched part of that some while back. It sucked (not pun intended) big time, and the acting was terrible... although that gave it a certain comedy appeal. At least I got the impression it was very much toungue in cheek. It didn't keep me watching though.