Main Menu

MEG-300

Started by flip-r mk2, 17 July, 2010, 11:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 17 August, 2010, 12:34:00 PM
So what other ways do you guys use to provide clarity between foreground and background art?

Heavy dotted lines all the way! :D
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

leebrown1990

Well I've decided to jump into the Meg for a couple of issues before I decide whether I want to get a subscription for both titles next week when I get paid.

Here's my take on 300 as a jump on point;

Cover: Fronts a bit blande apart from the design work on the rocket boots is awesome. Back page is a lot cooler.

Dredd: Confession, since I've only been a reader of the Prog, and have very few AD collections I've never read Amerika. I also never knew Beeney was her daughter, so that was a very cool reveal. Obviously some of specific points reagrding Amerika were lost on me, but I found this pretty enjoyable, and it made me like Beeney even more, so that a win in my eyes. Also love Colin Macniel, and that splash of the perps and judges exchanging shots was lovely.

Leaving Lilly Mackenzie till I get my hands the first two part, looks nice though.

Armitage: Didn't think the art was anything special, but the premise is cool albeit not something I've never seen before.

Hondo City Justice: Perfect first part! Felt I instantly knew what made Hondo City tick, and loved the Iron-man reference. Even though we had a japanese school girl killer in the last part of Sinister Dexter this was still badass enough that it didn't lose its punch.

Anderson: Lush Boo Cook art. Since I know Anderson from the Prog was easy to follow but seemed like pretty standard set up to me. Should be some crazy shit for Boo Cook to draw which I'm looking forward too.

Features: Liked the interview, the reviews weren't anything special. The stuff on Predators mentioned a couple of things about the comics I found intresting but the film was a pile so again it wasn't anthing special. The production values were really high so I didn't dislike the fact they were there.

Armageddon: I'd never heard anything about the premise beyond that it was a Terminator rip-off. Found it pretty enjoyable, some of the art had a very Dark Knight Returns vibe. Shame it ends unresolved, but I liked it so no complaints about its inclusion from me.

Defintley going for that Sub now!

"After 2,000 years of keeping them breeding inside the one bloodline, we're lucky the bastard doesn't have antennae."

kossori

I just read the Armitage story and while the idea wasn't exactly new, I thought the way the story was executed great.

I had recently read the Hellblazer Vertigo Crime book (DARK ENTRIES) that a friend lent me and couldn't stop thinking of it when I was reading Armitage. However, this story far surpassed what became of the Vertigo book.

I thoroughly enjoyed the art and how the story was presented.

So far, this one and the Dredd story were my faves in #300.

I didn't really care much for Lilly Mackenzie. Probably because I'm coming in late on the tale.
I did find the use of the one page of art for four pages of story questionable but the splash page following it made up for it, I think.
"I am not a number... I am a free man!"

Republic of Replicants

kossori

Really liked the "Hondo-City Justice" story. Especially the art. Looking forward to next issue.
"I am not a number... I am a free man!"

Republic of Replicants

HOO-HAA

I'm particularly enjoying the Anderson storyline - kind of more occultic detective story/ mystery than your average Judge outing and refreshing for that. The artwork is beautiful in every way - very palatable. I hope more punters warm to it and Anderson becomes a regular in the Meg.

Also loving Hondo City.

I think I'm starting to agree that the Meg should consist solely of stories linked to Dredd - Brit City, Hondo City, Anderson etc.

Darren Stephens

Quote from: HOO-HAA on 02 September, 2010, 12:57:15 PM
I think I'm starting to agree that the Meg should consist solely of stories linked to Dredd - Brit City, Hondo City, Anderson etc.

I allways thought that was the idea of the Meg anyway. You know, before all the reprint/Tank Girl shananigans.  :)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^