Main Menu

MEG 311 : HE IS THE GORE!

Started by Buttonman, 21 May, 2011, 10:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Caliber

Presuming Dredd's illness is a contagion rather than true zombieism, as Dredd would have have to have died first before being reanimated. Can't see any kind of antidote working that kind of miracle :)
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

vzzbux

If there was risk of contagion wouldn't they have some sort of vaccine in one of their pouches just in case.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

House of Usher

If there was a vaccine involved at all they would presumably routinely vaccinate all judges, or at least any that were headed out beyond the wall for Cursed Earth duty.

:thumbsup:
STRIKE !!!

Mikey

Wonderfully eyecatching cover to say the least. And this is such a minor niggle it's hardly worth anyone's interest, but it's the kind of thing that sometimes annoys me -  the '...Gore' pun doesn't work unless you've got an Englishshire accent. Law rhymes with straw, braw, flaw and maw, but not gore.  ;) I know, I've nothing else to worry me! Anyhoo...

Dredd - a feast for the eyes and no mistake! Superb, as if it would be anything else from McCarthy. A fun story too - I've no problem with the occasional 'throw away' one off, especially if there's going to be some top flight art on show.

Anderson - Good stuff. I like this more than the Cadet run in tooth (and it's grand). Another belter from Boo, natch.

Numbercruncher - Liked this! I think it's finally clicked with me...

Samizdat Squad - Yup. Thought this was a good opener with a nice old school vibe - particularly the cliffhanger. I would say that it felt a bit flat in places, but that's grand for an opener when you're (re)introducing characters imo. Those wee cannibal beasties are freaky!

Good articles - I'm still enjoying the interviews - and the floppie was fuckin awful. It was such a non starter and lasted SO LONG. Yer woman's farty/strainign for a shite noise language was really annoying too (Kwoop!Fnerp!Blat!Hak! - 'Trouser of great smell beast'). Funny I have no recollection of reading it the first time. More Flesh next month too...

Overall, the Meg's in good form. Me likey!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

James Stacey

Quote from: Mikey on 25 May, 2011, 01:34:58 PM
'...Gore' pun doesn't work unless you've got an Englishshire accent. Law rhymes with straw, braw, flaw and maw, but not gore.  ;) I know, I've nothing else to worry me! Anyhoo...
M.

How do you pronounce it then  :eh:

Spaceghost

Law rhymes with straw, braw, flaw and maw, but not gore.  ;)

Your mouth is, literally, full of wrong.  :lol:
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Lee Bates on 25 May, 2011, 01:50:06 PM
Law rhymes with straw, braw, flaw and maw, but not gore.  ;)

Your mouth is, literally, full of wrong.  :lol:

No, his mouth would be full of wrang.

Trout

the '...Gore' pun doesn't work unless you've got an Englishshire accent. Law rhymes with straw, braw, flaw and maw, but not gore.

See also "Alan Moore knows the score". :)

I, Cosh

Quote from: James Stacey on 25 May, 2011, 01:48:18 PM
'...Gore' pun doesn't work unless you've got an Englishshire accent. Law rhymes with straw, braw, flaw and maw, but not gore.  ;) I know, I've nothing else to worry me! Anyhoo...
M.
Gore rhymes with floor and more. Law doesn't.

Also, there is no "r" between the "a" and "g" in lager.
We never really die.

Richmond Clements

James Stacey

Quote from: The Cosh on 25 May, 2011, 03:41:56 PM
M.

I still have no idea how it's pronounced then ? Floor, more and Law all rhyme with gore or do you pronounce it Goo-er? Which would be plain wrong. I don't see how anyone can complain about rhyming, just because they pronounce the word incorrectly :D reminds me of the wonderful Beano strip .. "Pansy Potter the strong mans daughter" which only rhymed if you were Scottish.

Spaceghost

Quote from: The Cosh on 25 May, 2011, 03:41:56 PM
M.

But...gore, more, Moore, score, floor, straw, braw, flaw, maw, poor, tour, four, shore, bore, claw and straw all rhyme with law.

How are you pronouncing 'gore'?  :o

Trout

Law rhymes with the noise you make upon seeing something cute: "Awwwwww!"

The vowel in "gore" rhymes with the noise you make upon seeing something a bit surprising: "Oh!"

Ye saft southern pansies!

- Trout

Dandontdare

Quote from: Lee Bates on 25 May, 2011, 03:49:41 PM
But...gore, more, Moore, score, floor, straw, braw, flaw, maw, poor, tour, four, shore, bore, claw and straw all rhyme with law.

Rubbish - Lore and Law (should) sound completely different, as do floor and flaw.

(shouldn't this be on the pedants' thread?)

Spaceghost

Quote from: Dandontdare on 25 May, 2011, 04:11:38 PM
Quote from: Lee Bates on 25 May, 2011, 03:49:41 PM

Rubbish - Lore and Law (should) sound completely different, as do floor and flaw.

(shouldn't this be on the pedants' thread?)

Bollocks I say! Right, it's war. Anyone who pronounces law and gore so that they don't rhyme goes into the vats.

Wierdos.