Main Menu

Hellboy Review

Started by Floyd-the-k, 09 September, 2004, 01:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr D

I agree, good that he's finally got a really appropriate role that's getting praise. Though I liked his Blade 2 role!

Del Toro again

Art

I recently saw The Devils Backbone again and it jumped up several notches  in my estimation (I think I was in a bad mood when I first say it). Chronos was  great, I?d completely forgotten Mimic existed until I IMDBed him just now... that one had some pretty cool moments despite ending up as a generic hollywood monster movie.

Mr D

The man is a blurry genius - I seriously rate him. Looking forward to Hellboy 2 just as much, as he's doing that as well!

Keef Monkey

Read somewhere recently that Del Toro put Perlman in Blade 2 to try and prove to the studios that he could look kick ass in an action movie. Paid off, I think he was fantastic as Hellboy. In fact there wasn't really much about the movie I didn't like. It had the best slide-based scene I've seen since the eighties when every film had to have one. Took me back to The Goonies so it did.

ESCUBRIA

Del Toro still plans to make At the Mountains of Madness after the anticlimax of Hellboy 2.

chopper666

Rons performance in Hellboy was a mile better than playing Viceroy in Star Trek Nemesis. Hes an excellent actor who can really show his craft as in Name of the Rose, and I agree he needs a really big break, its about damn time.

RON FOR DREDD I TELLS YA RON FOR DREDD

Marc

chopper666

Saw the movie back in early June on a preview DVD sent by a friend and loved it, but its far better on the big screen and I for one think its one of the best comic to film movies since The Crow.

Marc

Woolly

DELTORO & PERLMAN FOR DREDD!!!!!

Floyd-the-k

GC - I too get furious with Steyn`s non film stuff.

I too liked the bit where the Larry Sanders guy tells Hellboy how to light a cigar
 I did like the line about the Nazis having decided that the Seven Gods of Chaos would be more reliable allies than the Italians

yours about to finish watching the LOEG movie - how bad can it be?