Main Menu

Seen Saw

Started by Last of the V8's, 06 October, 2004, 05:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last of the V8's

Saw SAW today.
Excellent horror movie.
One scene near the end had the audience with there hands in front of their faces.
Check it out.

Bad Andy

It's very, very gruesome, but a pretty good tale. If you can get past the first third of the film you will be rewarded.

The only thing that spoils it is that Cary Elwes is absolutely awful in it. He's shockingly bad.

And I really like him as an actor. But not here.

GordonR

I saw it the other night, and really liked it.  Some very nasty and ingenious bits in it.  

But.....

(Spoilers follow)

Just about all the stuff with Danny Glover felt like it had been added into a later draft of the script, almost as if a studio executive really liked the script but told the writers to go away and add in some crowd-pleasing gun fights, knife fights and a car chase.  You could take out the entire sub-plot involving Danny Glover, and it wouldn't actually make any difference to the real story.

Also, my dad's got cancer.  I go and see him in hospital.  Trust me, your average cancer sufferer isn't much up to fighting with cops and all the other stuff the killer does.  Well, except for the lying on the floor and pretending to be dead for six hours bit...

Keef Monkey

Was Cary Elwes the doctor guy? Because I thought his acting was one of the only things in the movie I really didn't like, it was pretty dreadful. Apart from that and the soundtrack not really fitting at times (I love that whole industrial thing but it just didn't work in places in the movie) I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Nice to see one of these hyped up horror movies actually live up to the hype, genuinely nasty and very original. Last horror movie I went to see was Open Water which turned out to be utter crap so that made this one doubly satisfying.