Started by Quirkafleeg, 02 December, 2006, 11:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkafleeg

Floyd-the-k

Go Tharg Go!  

yours Grauniad readingly

paulvonscott

I got this way through the letter....

"If Julian Barnes ("Blood and nerves", November 25) can find the time and perseverance to read through the 20 novels of �mile Zola's Rougon-Macquart series, he will discover that each one in turn features a disruptive intruder who, like Laurent in Thérèse Raquin, succeeds only in upsetting the relative calm and stability of his or her new environment. Just rereading Germinal in this light would reveal how the job-seeker turned political activist, Etienne Lantier, creates social tension"

Before I realised it was the letter below about 2000AD.  Fo a moment I was very impressed :p

Proudhuff

yeah! two of my favourites on one page! Zola and 2000AD, how often does that happen?

Huffardian
DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

Yay for Matt!

Tharg- give him an extra ration!

Bolt-01

Cthulouis

The letter seems to trail off in the last sentence. Am I missing something?

Dudley

Go Matt Smith - hope this is the opening shot in the campaign to get the Grauniad to celebrate the GG's 30th?

DavidXBrunt

Well, inspired by that I've written a missive suggesting just that...anyone else going to?

Dudley

Top idea, DXB.  Have followed your example.

Leigh S

Especially given the Guardians slagging off of the comic when it launched - might be a nice way to lead into the story! Be even better if they still had Pat Mills unpublished letter that he vainly submitted in response to the controversy...