Main Menu

Neverwhere News

Started by Adrian Bamforth, 17 March, 2007, 05:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

***Someone's tried to do a filmic version on Youtube though with it beain streamed it's pretty much impossible to tell the difference and I don't know which side of the screen is new. ***

The resolution's far too low to tell the difference.

I, Cosh

Neverwhere.

Great ideas. Shit execution.
We never really die.

radiator

That black geezer top right: Thats Alan Johnson from Peep Show that is.

SamuelAWilkinson

It certainly is. And knowing that fact makes it a hell of a lot harder to take Neverwhere seriously, I can tell you.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Tweak72

hold on dont go giving NG all the credit for Neverwhere
wasnt Lenny Henry supposed to have approched NG with the idea in the first place?
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Adrian Bamforth

Back with this thread, I've just finished watching it. I'm not always a big fan of Neil Gaiman's work but it's close to perfect. I'd take back what I was saying about it looking a bit crap shot on video - when other shows are trying to look more cinematic it was refreshing to watch something filmed straight without the slick editing and overuse of colour filters and music getting between the audience and the characters. The thing that struck me though was in the accompanying interview Gaiman talks of how they only had a limited budget so that had to film it mostly in real locations...I had though that would have made it more expensive! It's impressive that for the whole series I didn't really notice any blue screen scenes (except perhaps the opening monologues).

Film it in real places eh? That's a novel idea.