Main Menu

PROG 1546 Law Crimes

Started by Last of the V8's, 14 July, 2007, 10:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last of the V8's

Another prog on a Saturday, the subs dept realy have it together of late..

Lovely cover by McNeil

Dredd, this is sooo good. Plus Rico and Beeny return.

86ers, coming along nicely.

Greysuit, still lovin' this. Lots of gorey action.

Robo-Hunter, is it me or do I get the distinct impression Ian Gibson hates doing this strip.
Worst art from him ever?

Defoe, continues to intrigue. Mills throws more ideas in here than a hundred episodes of Robo-Hunter and Gallaghers art is fantastic.

Good prog, apart from Robo-Hunter, 8 out of 10.

Robin Low

"Dredd, this is sooo good. Plus Rico and Beeny return."

I've not seen this prog yet, but is this continuing the Mutants story?

"Robo-Hunter, is it me or do I get the distinct impression Ian Gibson hates doing this strip.
Worst art from him ever?"

Based on the first episode, I think the problem is the drab colouring, rather than the lines.

Regards

Robin

James

Dredd is great. Continues the mutant plot. Colin MacNeil's line art is brilliant, even if I don't like the painting style on the cover.

I really like Greysuit. It doesn't flow that well but Higgins' art is solid, huge improvement on the last line art of his which was some Hellblazer written by Ennis (a while ago admittedly).

86ers is ok. I haven't really been engrossed in this since it started but like it but don't know why.

Don't like Defoe. Mills shoehorning more historical reference is wearing a bit thin. Zombies are nice and mouldy though, and the last page of this week's was nice.

Slade. Bollocks.

Mangamax

Dunno about Dredd. I know this is just the first of the camps to visit but it seemed a bit rushed. Been better over two weeks.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Byron Virgo

"the last line art of his which was some Hellblazer written by Ennis"

Nope, there was the Ellis story he did after the Ennis one (the artwork on which was fucking fantastic), and he did that Marvel supervillains book more recently than that (though I believe there he was only doing the pencils).

Am I one of the only people who likes having Robo-Hunter back in the prog, even if Gibson's art is a little slap-dash?

Mangamax

"the last page of this week's was nice."
Er, who's he talking to?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

SIP

Am I one of the only people who likes having Robo-Hunter back in the prog, even if Gibson's art is a little slap-dash?

Nope - I like seeing it back as well.  
I'm still giving it a chance to find it's feet, though perhaps I am more forgiving of it as it is an old-school collaboration.

I think it provides a nice change of pace from some of the other more serious content.

Leigh S

The Post Office needs to go on strike more often, if this is the result!  More Saturday progs please, they seem even more thrillpowered that way!

The Amstor Computer

I don't mind having Robo-Hunter back, though judging from the effort Gibson has put into the art, he does.

As for the cover - I am just being a bit oversensitive, or does anyone else think it falls slightly into tastelessness?

Byron Virgo

Erm...any particular reason...?

paulvonscott

JOE SOAP

***As for the cover - I am just being a bit oversensitive, or does anyone else think it falls slightly into tastelessness?***

Well I've never tasted a mutant so I couldn't tell you.

Political correctness gone mad I tell ya'.

numanti

I rushed down to the letterbox when I read some subbers had got a saturday prog, but had no luck :(

I did order the Dredd casefiles 8 and the strontium dog agency files 2 and From Hell as well, though, so next week no-one is to disturb me once the postman has been with my goodies! :>

James

Sorry Byron I meant the last line art I saw of his.

The Amstor Computer