Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

sofa-risation...

They've done that to our local cinema.

Cosh the Satanist, my favourite TV show

DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

You guys clearly don't agree with me...so there we go. That's all there is to it.
Oh and Mikey, there IS a reason for my poor grammer, not that its an exucse mind just be careful, taking the piss out of an autistic guy make's you look a bit like a bully. ;)

:P

Goaty

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 08 March, 2013, 04:02:39 PM...taking the piss out of an autistic guy make's you look a bit like a bully. ;)

Half the folk here have some shade of autism, and the others are depressives or just plain barmy - much like the rest of the human race, in fact.  If we didn't take the piss out of each other we'd never have any fun! 

But irrespective of all that we did rather dogpile on you on this one Hawkmonger, so for that I am sorry.  To use a cliche, it's an emotive issue - I find myself looking at the world and looking at my daughter and not being enthused by my fellow man.

Hawkmumbler

Sure sure, I was as much to blame by bringing the topic up, just thought I should get my two pence in before anyone else which in retrospect is probably why no one want's to talk about this stuff at time's.  :lol:

Professor Bear

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 08 March, 2013, 04:47:54 PM
I find myself looking at the world and looking at my daughter and not being enthused by my fellow man.

An elderly gentleman I worked with explained to me the tsuris involved in fathering a wee girl: "when ye huv a laddie, ye've only goat the wan cock tae worry aboot - when ye huv a lassie, ye've goat tae worry aboot every cock in toon". Obviously he loved his daughters, and his comment was sympathetic in its own way, but that's about as enlightened as Scottish culture allows those of us with a Y chromosome to be in our public pronouncements.

I'm going to give the teenage Hawkmonger the benefit of the doubt and assume he's a prisoner of the rhetorical trap which means most Scottish men must dismiss any conceptual thought which requires imaginative sympathy as nonsense; can only discuss economic, social and political issues in terms of how they affect their daily lives (i); and tend to frame any activity without direct bearing on themselves as a personal affront.

Your comment about everyone on this board being autistic to some degree probably applies to every male North of Berwick, but some of us are funny buggers too - as Cosh and Satanist ably demonstrate.

TordelBack

Quote from: sauchie on 08 March, 2013, 07:29:03 PM
An elderly gentleman I worked with explained to me the tsuris involved in fathering a wee girl: "when ye huv a laddie, ye've only goat the wan cock tae worry aboot - when ye huv a lassie, ye've goat tae worry aboot every cock in toon".

Excellent material for an embarrassing speech there - now, whether to use it at her 16th or save it for her wedding (assuming that's the correct order).  Incidentally, my 'autistic' remark was a statement of slightly exaggerated fact, rather than intended as anything remotely derogatory - some of the funniest, sharpest buggers I know are autistic to some degree. The spectrum is broad, and as I've droned on about here too often before, I suspect autism to be an integral and essential part of humanity's diverse adaptive toolkit. Of course at the extremes it makes life difficult, especially for loved ones, but so do so many things. 

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Was anyone else shocked by the recent News stories about Justin Bieber? He actually has a personality. Granted, it's not a very good one, but he does have one. And there I was thinking he was just a haircut.
You may quote me on that.

Frank

Quote from: El Pops on 09 March, 2013, 12:27:44 PM
Was anyone else shocked by the recent News stories about Justin Bieber? He actually has a personality. Granted, it's not a very good one, but he does have one. And there I was thinking he was just a haircut.

A haircut and a nasty coke/ecstasy habit, judging by the breathing problems which recently forced him to stop a show in London village.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: sauchie on 09 March, 2013, 03:24:58 PM
Quote from: El Pops on 09 March, 2013, 12:27:44 PM

A haircut and a nasty coke/ecstasy habit, judging by the breathing problems which recently forced him to stop a show in London village.
He's a bloody pussy anyway, Freddy Mercury had aids and died rocking out, yet Bieber cancels a concert because of a soar throat? Kid's these days.

Spikes

Not that i could even name/whistle one of his songs, but ive never got the hate for Beiber.
Is he that bad?

Bubba Zebill

These comments crack me up....you all know who you are!
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Proudhuff

Quote from: TordelBack on 08 March, 2013, 07:52:29 PM
Incidentally, my 'autistic' remark was a statement of slightly exaggerated fact, rather than intended as anything remotely derogatory - Of course at the extremes it makes life difficult, especially for loved ones, but so do so many things.

Have been at the Spines thread again?

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,34474.0.html
DDT did a job on me