Main Menu

Request: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #699

Started by SmallBlueThing, 05 January, 2013, 10:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

Technically should be in the 'Help' section, i know, but please bear with me! If anyone is in comic shop and they have ASM #699 (NOT #699.1 with the Morbius cover) at a reasonable price (ie, not a tenner, or twenty quid! More like £2.20 as it should be, being a month old) could they PLEASE pick it up for me? I will pay cover price plus postage. I cannot believe the blatant profiteering going on online!
SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

I shall pop into the Grinning Demon on Monday and enquire, can't promise a result but you never know!

SmallBlueThing

Thanks john- on second thoughts, if someone sees one, could they let me know so i can contact the shop? That way, i wont potentially have to buy nine or ten from helpful boarders!

Any help appreciated greatly!

SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

You can contact Graham at The Grinning Demon on his Facebook page HERE

Buttonman

Demand the library get it in and steal it from there!

Professor Bear

Stealing it is what the internet is for.

COMMANDO FORCES

But he wants a physical copy, unless he prints it out in the library ;)

sheldipez

Forbidden Planet has 699 in for £2.65 + £1.00 delivery

Next cheapest online retailer I could find was £7.50 from wolfcomics.

SmallBlueThing

Professor Bear

Your wallet deserves such punishment for your continued loyalty to and financial support of Disney, SBT.

Link Prime

Quote from: Professor Bear on 06 January, 2013, 04:00:40 PM
Your wallet deserves such punishment for your continued loyalty to and financial support of Disney, SBT.

Hear hear (says the sado-marvelist).

As an aside;
Was in my LCS on Sunday...dont know if anyone else has noticed, but this storyline is doing crazy things to peoples minds.
They actually sold out of Amazing Spider-Man 698- 700, with HUGE demand for back issues.
Unheard of in recent times.

Professor Bear

They under-ordered copies of 698 and 699 is all.  US print runs are pretty small these days so it's not hard to create demand if necessary.