Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 November, 2020, 04:39:55 PM
Not sure there's going to be an advent calendar this year? Pete isn't around much these days and I know he was running out of steam on it. Normally there would be a thread to sign up by now so I'm wondering unless someone takes the batton whether it won't be happening.

If not I might try a 'Not Advent calendar thread' for folks to throw up things that they would have put up whenever they fancy as I had a couple of ideas and it might motivate me to draw them!?!

No advent calendar? That's really too bad!! I've not frequented this board in several months but with Christmas coming I started missing the people and content. I always enjoy contributing,  if you get something going.

sheridan

Derailing the Lego thread somewhat, I had an idea for something to do for the advent calendar but I'm not sure the best way to implement it - it's in the form of a quiz* so I'm guessing I'd need to post the 'questions' on one day and then post the answers a few days later once people have had the opportunity to post their hopefully hilarious and wildly inaccurate responses.

* sort of - I'm not aware that 2000AD has ever had the kind of quiz I have in mind before.

ming

Just a teaser...

(Don't get too excited; nothing finished but enough progress for me to have sent some images to Tharg so this may make the Christmas Prog (or may not).  I'll post more in due course but will hold off for a while so as not to spoil any potential festive Prog reveal.)

Funt Solo

Wait ... wait ... it's not [spoiler]Torque-Armada[/spoiler], is it?

*Jumping up and down with too much excitement here*
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

TordelBack

You know it is.   :o
Altogether now: "It's the m-o-o-o-st wonderful time / Of the yea-a-a-r..."

Colin YNWA

Well this is going to be very exciting to see...

ming

Quote from: Funt Solo on 06 December, 2020, 06:05:57 PM
Wait ... wait ... it's not [spoiler]Torque-Armada[/spoiler], is it?

*Jumping up and down with too much excitement here*

I'm sayin' nothin'!

But, well, yeah.  There seemed no point posting an unidentifiable detail shot, so I just thought I'd give an indication of what's in store.  Like I say, nothing finished (far, far from it) but enough progress to keep me happy and think it may be completed one day if I keep chipping away at it.  I'll wait and see what emerges in the Christmas Prog then post a stupid number of in-progress shots here just to chart the journey so far.

TordelBack

Frankly I think it's just plain lazy of Ming not to build a Siege Engine Mek-Quake (with Sickle) at the same time.

Mechastopheles after that for the 3-way rumble.

ming

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 December, 2020, 09:29:28 AM
Frankly I think it's just plain lazy of Ming not to build a Siege Engine Mek-Quake (with Sickle) at the same time.

Mechastopheles after that for the 3-way rumble.

Mechastopheles I hadn't considered but when I eventually finish Torque I will probably have a go at Mek-Quake's head at least...  Doing the pair properly would take years but I'm not ruling it out.  I'd thought about some of the robots from Metalzoic as well, but I'll aim to finish what I've started here before getting sidetracked.  The boys have helped with some troubleshooting on Torque but it's a bit of a on-again, off-again project for reasons of sanity (doing some linocuts and pet sciencey-projects have been welcome distractions this year).

Colin YNWA

Just seen the letter... WOW is all I can say... just WOW (look all caps!)

Funt Solo

Is it in the new smegazine?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

ming

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 14 December, 2020, 05:35:35 PM
Just seen the letter... WOW is all I can say... just WOW (look all caps!)

Ooh - exciting!  I'm still waiting for Prog 2211 so at this point I'm not expecting the Christmas Prog for a while...

Tjm86

looking at the prog ...

Wow ... just... wow ....

To quote Wayne's World ..

"We're not worthy ..."

Funt Solo

It occurred to me that some people might not have seen this:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

ming

Quote from: Funt Solo on 14 December, 2020, 10:48:16 PM
It occurred to me that some people might not have seen this:

Hopefully that doesn't raise expectations to an unreasonable degree...

Tim, Colin - it sounds like you've seen the Christmas Prog (unless this features in 2211?); is that right?  As an overseas subscriber I'm at the whims of the seasonal postal meltdown which I guess will be worse than usual this year.