Main Menu

Six Degrees of Shako!

Started by Funt Solo, 19 March, 2021, 04:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

How many links does it take to connect Shako to any other 2000 AD or Megazine character?

For example, Gene the Hackman has a Shako number of one, because they starred together in "Shako's Kingdom" in the 2020 Sci-Fi Special.

---

What about The Gronk?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

I think this one counts - depends on your view of End of Days and 'Shako' in that, but

Gronk > Johnny Alpha > Dredd > Shako so I make that 3 degress of Shako?

Bolt-01

hmmm -- for some links they would have to be creators, rather than series. For example -- The V.C.'s

Shako -- Gene The Hackman -- Dan Abnett -- The V.C.'s

AlexF

Don't forget the twin crossover delights of Armoured Gideon III and Judge Dredd: Helter Skelter...

From there you can trace Shako > Giant (of Harlem Heroes) > Giant Jr (or indeed Giant Jr Jr) > Dredd > Geeks > VCs.
Although 5 degrees of Shako is probably more than you need.

Anyone wanna attempt Shako > Slaine?

BPP

Slaine- Pat mills - satanus -  -dredd - shako
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: BPP on 19 March, 2021, 09:58:37 AM

Surely, if you're including creators, that would just be Slaine - Pat Mills - Shako?
@jamesfeistdraws

BPP

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 19 March, 2021, 10:44:06 AM

Surely, if you're including creators, that would just be Slaine - Pat Mills - Shako?

Heh, was it. Can't recall tbh.
I mean slaine undoubtedly appeared in that horrible splash page in the Helter Skelter so 90% of the time Thats the answer without a creator
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: BPP on 19 March, 2021, 10:58:07 AM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 19 March, 2021, 10:44:06 AM

Heh, was it. Can't recall tbh.
I mean slaine undoubtedly appeared in that horrible splash page in the Helter Skelter so 90% of the time Thats the answer without a creator

He did, and that's a good point - along with Armoured Gideon and Sin/Dex, you can achieve a lot of links with Helter Skelter.
@jamesfeistdraws

Bolt-01

And the multiverse page of Sin/Dex too. I'd forgotten about that but from memory that page featured a LOT of characters.

Colin YNWA

There was also the Sinister Dexter episode (prog 2013 ad???) Were the skip through numerous dimensions.

Dark Jimbo

Yep, that's why I mentioned Sin/Dex.
@jamesfeistdraws

JayzusB.Christ

Firekind. That alien torturer lad. Pussyfoot 5. Devlin Waugh. Dredd. Shako.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

If it's like the Kevin Bacon game, then I believe it's actors in movies (rather than writers etc.), so we should stick to characters in stories.

I can do Shako to The V.C.s like this:

The V.C.s fight the Geeks - a Geek is in The Collector (Armoured Gideon) with Shako. Shako Number: 2
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo on 19 March, 2021, 02:23:39 PM
If it's like the Kevin Bacon game, then I believe it's actors in movies (rather than writers etc.), so we should stick to characters in stories.

I can do Shako to The V.C.s like this:

The V.C.s fight the Geeks - a Geek is in The Collector (Armoured Gideon) with Shako. Shako Number: 2

Aye, I was going to suggest that connecting by creator makes the game a bit too easy. A lot of writers have had a crack at Dredd over the years.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 19 March, 2021, 06:21:20 AM
I think this one counts - depends on your view of End of Days and 'Shako' in that, but

Gronk > Johnny Alpha > Dredd > Shako so I make that 3 degress of Shako?

If you're not counting the End of Days 'fake shako' then:

Gronk > Smiling Chukwalla > Blackhawk > Armoured Gideon > Shako, for 5 degress of Shako
@jamesfeistdraws