Main Menu

2000AD Forum Sketch Comp #2: RESULTS THREAD

Started by Jim_Campbell, 24 March, 2021, 10:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Right, then. It's what you've all been awaiting with bated breath — the Unofficial 2000AD Forum Sketch Comp #2 RESULTS!

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to vote, and all the participants for their fantastic entries. In a very real sense, you're all winners... except that we have to have some actual winners, and here they are:

With barely the width of a gnat's chuff between third and second place, the bronze goes to...

Tomwe #2

In second place...

Jim_Campbell #1

And the runaway winner...

Dark Jimbo!

Congrats to Jimbo, on his well-deserved win, polling more points and votes than the #2 entry by a ratio of 3:2.

And that's Sketch Comp #2 wrapped. The theme for Comp #3 will be along in due course, and we'll kick off the next comp properly in early April.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bolt-01

###### APPLAUSE ######

Well done Jimbo, and thanks to everyone else as well!

The Legendary Shark

Well done, everyone, some lovely work on show. And thanks, of course, to Jim for putting it all together.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

broodblik

Congrats Jimbo and to everyone else with great sketches
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dark Jimbo

Gosh, thanks all! I'm just getting back into regular drawing after some years away from it all, so this is a gratifying little boost.

Well done to all, and to Jim for giving the board back a bit more of its old sense of community!
@jamesfeistdraws

Trooper McFad

Very worthy winners and well done to all entries. Looking forward to the next one.
Big thanks to Jim for organising these comps 👍🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

Yeah massive contragulations to all the winners, so well deserved - can't wait to hear what Dark Jimbo comes up with for next time.

Also thanks to all those who entered as this has rapidly become my fav thing on this here forum and so we also have to give grudging and resentful* thanks to Jim I suppose.

*Well he's getting far to much deserved praise so best to bring him down a notch or too?

JayzusB.Christ

Congrats all! Well deserved.  Looking forward to the next one!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Tomwe

Thanks very much for those who voted for my sketch and congrats to Dark Jimbo, who got my vote. Great fun as always Jim, thank you. Look forward to another challenge soon.

Rogue Judge

Congrats Jimbo! Well deserved win. And thanks again to Jim for setting up this fun competition. Although not necessarily the same order, these winners were also in my top three!