Main Menu

Promises, Promises...

Started by Funt Solo, 27 April, 2021, 02:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Sometimes hope is equals to 6 years
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

I remember an Earthlet wrote in complaining of Tharg's usual empty promise of 'in the new year' - Rogue Trooper, in this case. Tharg pointed out that it was a mere spelling mistake, and it was meant to say 'in his new gear'.  The cheeky green wanker.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Corinthian

There was a time in 2000AD's history when readers thought there wasn't enough Rogue Trooper?!

AlexF

In the Hachette collection, Davis and Edginton say they'd be quite up for doing more Ampney, and both agree it didn't really end in a satisfying way. But promises were not made!
Frankly its lower on my wishlist than Thistlebone, Helium and Brass Sun. But, givewn the inter-dimensional aspect to Ampney Crucis, I can well imagine the character (and his trusty batman) showing up in any given Edg-verse series. I suppose if Stickleback ever ends up digging tunnels into a Prep school he might meet a young Crucis snaffling pies while avoiding a well-earned caning.

The Corinthian

Quote from: AlexF on 30 April, 2021, 08:05:57 AM
Frankly its lower on my wishlist than Thistlebone, Helium and Brass Sun.

Tbf, we can't exactly complain that more Thistlebone hasn't yet shown up despite being promised.

JayzusB.Christ

Do what I want, mate.

Sorry, I mean yeah, you're right, and it's the perfect time of year for this type of folk horror.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Richard

The Monarch

so did gordon rennie i think :lol:

Funt Solo

Final panel of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon Tiger Sun, Dragon Moon:

Still waiting...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dark Jimbo

Rogue Trooper, prog 1022, 1996.

Obviously not the end of Rogue Trooper the strip, or the Rogueverse at large, but the last that we've seen to date of Fr1day and Venus Bluegenes.

@jamesfeistdraws

Link Prime

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 21 October, 2021, 10:54:23 AM
Rogue Trooper, prog 1022, 1996.

Obviously not the end of Rogue Trooper the strip, or the Rogueverse at large, but the last that we've seen to date of Fr1day and Venus Bluegenes.

And:

Gunnar (Mk I Biochip)
Top (Mk II Biochip)
Eightball (Mk II Biochip)
Lucky (Mk II Biochip)

Jim_Campbell

the last that we've seen to date of Fr1day and Venus Bluegenes.

They leaked back out as Hawking radiation.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

paddykafka

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 21 October, 2021, 11:58:21 AM
the last that we've seen to date of Fr1day and Venus Bluegenes.

They leaked back out as Hawking radiation.

Still an improvement upon what they looked like as they were drawn into the Black Hole.  :D

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/spaghetti-with-tomato-sauce-picture-id1249549424?s=612x612