Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Book of Boba Fett [SPOILERS]  (Read 4751 times)

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
« Last Edit: 03 February, 2022, 01:50:23 PM by IndigoPrime »

Richmond Clements

• Super Moderator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.futurequake.co.uk/fq/index.html
Re: The Book of Boba Fett
« Reply #91 on: 03 February, 2022, 01:45:52 PM »
That was a fun episode. And I shouted out loud when I saw Cad Bane walking out of the desert.

Trooper McFad

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 03 February, 2022, 10:15:23 PM »
Re: the ship.

As is pretty obvious, it's a bit small for a bounty hunter (unless that bounty hunter is only going to be collecting heads, which isn't exactly Mando's style).  Though seeing as Boba has left the bounty hunter life behind, perhaps the impractical ship is foreboding of something similar for Mando?  And it's the perfect size for a little Grogu, if Grogu picks the mithril above the lightsabre.

I did notice a clear dome/wee cockpit where the Astro Droid should be so there’s space for a small copilot in there!!
Citizens are Perps who haven’t been caught ... yet!

Mardroid

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 04 February, 2022, 04:05:52 AM »

The Legendary Shark

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Tip: Sharks only attack you if you're wet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 04 February, 2022, 04:22:10 AM »
~~~^~~~~~~~

Dive a little deeper - all is not as it seems. "Cyber pandemic" on the way. Devices to be "quarantined" (disconnected).

Trooper McFad

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 04 February, 2022, 11:03:34 AM »
That was a fun episode. And I shouted out loud when I saw Cad Bane walking out of the desert.

I agree and the continuing references/characters from the clone wars means there could be many more of these moments as both the Mando and book of Boba continue. However Cad Bane is a formidable foe that the combined efforts of Anikin
& Canobi could not really defeat (only foil)! What chance does an ageing Boba & Mando have?
  I look forward to this battle.

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
« Reply #96 on: 04 February, 2022, 11:10:04 AM »
On a certain character, the delivery was one of the big problems for me. Luke felt less present than Grogu. That is a big, big problem. And given that Hamill has done loads of voice work, it was strange how detached, remote and wooden every line from him felt. Poor direction and production, perhaps, but combined with the abysmal pacing, it didn’t help much in what was otherwise a solid episode.

You know, I’m starting to think we should have a new board rule that if you wade into a thread about a currently running series and spot spoilers, tough. All these black bars are ridiculous. An admin can always flag the thread as containing spoilers.

Trooper McFad

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 04 February, 2022, 11:39:50 AM »

You know, I’m starting to think we should have a new board rule that if you wade into a thread about a currently running series and spot spoilers, tough. All these black bars are ridiculous. An admin can always flag the thread as containing spoilers.

Agree

Jim_Campbell

• 2000AD Creator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Letterer to the Stars! (and PJ)
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt Gallery
« Reply #98 on: 04 February, 2022, 11:47:41 AM »
Agree

Likewise. If the thread is clearly discussion of a currently-running series, just avoid it if you haven't seen the latest episode. I mean, if you have info (or possibly spoilery-speculation) about upcoming episodes then maybe fall back on a spoiler block, but if you're just talking about an episode that's aired, have at it…
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 04 February, 2022, 12:08:30 PM »
Re. Episode 5 and 6 - yeah, serious jump in quality here.   I got a particular thrill out of seeing a Larry Niven ringworld and its night / day plates in action.

I'm not half as well versed in Star Wars lore as most of you, but that blue Clint Eastwood alien was just brilliant.

Pity Luke had to be such a cock about Mando's present to Grogu. 

Anyway I left out the spoiler tags here because you guys are right.  If you don't want it spoiled don't read the latest posts about it. The change in direction in TBOBF was a huge surprise to me but a welcome one , and it wasn't spoiled because I avoided the thread till I'd caught up.
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

Trooper McFad

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 04 February, 2022, 12:23:37 PM »
Pity Luke had to be such a cock about Mando's present to Grogu

I know it’s a plot key to force Grogu into a decision but Luke accepted a very personal gift of his Fathers light sabre and that didn’t stop him training as a Jedi- but maybe did not make him a very good trainer until he lost it in Empire.

sheridan

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #101 on: 04 February, 2022, 12:26:01 PM »
Spoilers as a concept aren't quite as cut and dried as that though - in the old days everybody would see the latest episode at the same time - nowadays people tend to see them over the course of a day or two, depending on time zone, work shifts, etc.

JOE SOAP

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 04 February, 2022, 12:47:25 PM »
Pity Luke had to be such a cock about Mando's present to Grogu. 

New Jedi hubris.

Mister Pops

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • You're Goddamn right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 04 February, 2022, 12:48:00 PM »
Yeah spoilers in this thread should be fine. You have to make a decision to click into this thread. When spoilers show up in your social media feeds it’s entirely appropriate to get mad because that’s the response social media has been designed to provoke.
You may quote me on that.

Jim_Campbell

• 2000AD Creator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Letterer to the Stars! (and PJ)
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt Gallery
« Reply #104 on: 04 February, 2022, 01:05:38 PM »
Spoilers as a concept aren't quite as cut and dried as that though - in the old days everybody would see the latest episode at the same time - nowadays people tend to see them over the course of a day or two, depending on time zone, work shifts, etc.

Yeah, but I think spoilers are fair game here because you can avoid them by not reading the thread — it's not like Twitter or Facebook where your feed is splattered with open spoilers from the minute an episode finishes from the earliest possible start time. I don't watch BoBF until Thursday, so I stay off this thread until then. Now I'm a digital subscriber to the Prog, I stay off the review thread until I've read comic on Wednesday.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.