Main Menu

Lawless 2022

Started by rogue69, 12 October, 2021, 07:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 17 May, 2022, 12:01:24 PM
I'll be visiting that stand Jim with both my copies of RoK if you wouldn't mind signing them 😁

Of course — it's always a pleasant surprise when anyone wants me to sign anything! If, for some reason, I'm away from the table when you roll up but you spot me elsewhere, it's fine to ask then, as well.

(Side note: folks looking for a full set of Rok sigs might have to wait until Thought Bubble to snag Abby Bulmer... last I heard she'd managed to double-book herself for the Lawless weekend and can't make it.)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

Without wishing to drag this off topic anyone who doesn't read The Phoenix should defo check out Abby Buler's Doggo. One of the great unappericated 4 panel gag strips.

Barrington Boots

Awesome! Look forward to hopefully meeting you guys. I'll be dressed as an aging death metal dude with a hobo beard. Perhaps I'll bring my Rok volumes for signing also..
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 18 May, 2022, 04:05:13 PM
I'll be dressed as an aging death metal dude with a hobo beard.

That does not narrow it down. I shall see you there!

Trooper McFad

Awesome! Look forward to hopefully meeting you guys. I'll be dressed as an aging death metal dude with a hobo beard. Perhaps I'll bring my Rok volumes for signing also..

And I'll be the one dragging his unfortunate wife around (she's there  to carry the tat I buy but don't  tell her that)
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Dandontdare

Looking forward to it. I apologise in advance for forgetting people's names and faces.

Barrington Boots

Long story but I'll be there Saturday and not Sunday now.
If it's literally going to be a room full of middle aged men with beards, you can identify me by a manky cutoff denim jacket. Please do say hello if you see me. Hope to meet some of you there!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 23 May, 2022, 09:43:00 AM
If it's literally going to be a room full of middle aged men with beards

By contrast, I'm practically beardless these days, my beard having gone entirely white whilst my hair, a few grey strands not withstanding, remains more or less the same dark brown that it's always been. Since the beard now looks daft and I really can't be arsed to dye it, I maintain it in a very short stubbly form (because I also can't be arsed to shave).

Trooper McFad

Well I'm beardless but will have glasses on.

This is turning into a big game of guess who 😂😂😂

Link Prime

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 23 May, 2022, 11:14:25 AM
This is turning into a big game of guess who 😂😂😂

"Full head of hair?"
"Yes."

Klack - Klack - Klack - Klack - Klack - Klack - Klack - Klack - Klack - Klack - Klack

Proudhuff

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 18 May, 2022, 05:35:01 PM

White suit being re-gened?
DDT did a job on me

Trooper McFad

On my way down looking forward to the weekend

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Proudhuff on 23 May, 2022, 11:33:04 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 18 May, 2022, 05:35:01 PM

White suit being re-gened?

If I could still fit in it...

Mardroid

Quote from: Dandontdare on 10 March, 2022, 10:04:33 AM
Bizarrely, Hilton prices have now dropped quite a bit - over £150 cheaper than last time I checked- still not cheap, but I'm going to splash out and treat myself. It's always nice to be able to just roll out of the bar into the lift!

That is nice. My hotel is a bit over a mile away but that's better than the one I booked last time which turned out to be four miles from the convention! ( I don't think I quite realised until I got there, although it was just a single somewhat lengthy bus ride,.) A mile is no big deal as I walk it to the main shops regularly anyway.

I'm on the train now on my way. There was a worrying moment when I realised late on Wednesday that I'd booked my outgoing train ticket for Saturday instead of Friday. I sorted a replacement but GWR would only post a physical replacement ticket (original tickets are e-tickets) which didn't arrive until this morning! Intercepted the postman on the way to the station.

Jim_Campbell

About thirty minutes out from Bristol. This is the first significant, multi-leg train journey I've attempted since the before times, and it's all gone remarkably smoothly. So far...