Main Menu

Two 'Events' teased from 2000ad

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 December, 2021, 07:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Comicon.com has an article teasing two events we kinda know about. Firstly Citadel with the tagline "This changes everything". Which as the article says in the world of JD and 2000ad is actually quite omnious.

The second seems like a fun diversion about what if Dredd had 'lost' Judgement Day?

https://www.comicon.com/2021/12/13/two-massive-2000-ad-events-teased-in-the-christmas-prog-whats-going-to-happen-this-time/?mc_cid=b205398967&mc_eid=84ec3f1c5a

Funt Solo

Gratuitous zombie cleavage.

---

The mention of Citadel made me think that Games Workshop were going to do a tie-in.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Enigmatic Dr X

Sabbat is still "alive", right? His head impaled on a spike in a cave?
Lock up your spoons!

AlexF

Yes I've been wondering if Sabbat's head would re-appear at some point. Based on teh Helmet, Simpson seems ot have in mind the original Rogue, not the version he co-created and who has already crossed over into Dredd's world once.

The main thing is, I'm a sucker for zombies, looking forward ot this a lot!

Also interested that John Wagner never quite seems to be done with the Apocalypse War. It's as if he personally feels guilty for nuking all those Sovs.

sheridan

Both Marvel and DC have done similar 'all your favourite characters are zombies' events (think the events in question were called Marvel Zombies and UndeaDC or something like that). So is this going to be a familiar and probably entertaining Rebellion version, or are we going to see something different?  In-continuity springs to mind - like the bit at the end of City of the Damned with zombie Dredd, but with all the characters?

Barrington Boots

I'm very interested to see what The Citadel is, but this zombie thing sounds dreadful if it's just going to be a rehash of that Marvel Zombies stuff. What if Wolverine Dredd was a zombie LOL
Generally 2000ad are cleverer than that but the inclusion of Rogue on that image makes me fear otherwise.

Wagner / Cornwell Dredd is turning into a bit of a dream team however and that should be really good.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Link Prime

Quote from: AlexF on 16 December, 2021, 09:32:29 AM
Also interested that John Wagner never quite seems to be done with the Apocalypse War. It's as if he personally feels guilty for nuking all those Sovs.

He only regrets not getting all of 'em Gruddamit.

The Citadel will be a highlight of 2022 no doubt.
I'm a bit dubious about Thrill-val Zombies.

JayzusB.Christ

Personally I'm really looking forward to both of these (and I kind of hated Judgement Day).  I've been playing round with the idea of giving up on the prog but, well, marketing job done - I'm going to stick around for a while.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 16 December, 2021, 05:22:25 PM
Personally I'm really looking forward to both of these (and I kind of hated Judgement Day).  I've been playing round with the idea of giving up on the prog but, well, marketing job done - I'm going to stick around for a while.

Glad to hear it. I almost got caught up after my 8-year break from the prog, but a difficult semester pushed my reading schedule off and now I'm still 15 weeks behind. If you could put your finger on it, what's causing the luster to fade?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo on 16 December, 2021, 06:54:34 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 16 December, 2021, 05:22:25 PM

Glad to hear it. I almost got caught up after my 8-year break from the prog, but a difficult semester pushed my reading schedule off and now I'm still 15 weeks behind. If you could put your finger on it, what's causing the luster to fade?

Sorry for the very late reply.  I think the Shark is correct to a large extent - before the Internet, 2000ad was my go-to easy read when I didn't feel like reading a book (which was very often).  I still loved it though, I'd look forward to it every week and pore over the stories repeatedly, even if it was a bit of a duff prog.  Now I sometimes skip stories, meaning to get back to them, then realise it's going to take a huge chunk of my time catching up.

Nowadays, I can hop over to The Poke or Cracked or countless other fun websites whenever I want. The prog isn't as central to my entertainment needs any more. That's my fault, I know, not Tharg's.

There's also Dredd - I realise it can't be helped, but there was a very nice level of consistency and a real sense of an unfolding narrative stretching over decades.  Now DoC has happened, and Dredd is shared among writers, it seems difficult to see any more major events happening now that the city is smaller and less important than it was. That is, unless Dredd became Chief Judge or something, or, well, died.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"