No Wonder Woman 3?

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 08 December, 2022, 02:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Jim_Campbell

Although Gadot was pretty much perfect for the role, given what absolute steaming mess WW84 was, I'm not going to shed any tears over this news.

From the sounds of it, DC are canning just about everything barring Aquaman 2 and hoping to reboot the whole thing under James Gunn.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

Mm. WW1 was OK. WW84 was bad to the point it made Mrs IP quite angry at the whole thing. And DCU in a broader sense has varied from barely above OK to garbage. The question is whether Gunn will be given the time to make a reboot work. My guess is probably not. If the first film or two isn't a mega-hit, someone with money will be screaming that this isn't yet kicking the MCU's arse (without understanding how the MCU was slowly built) and they'll be on to whatever the next reboot might be.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 08 December, 2022, 04:26:56 PM
If the first film or two isn't a mega-hit, someone with money will be screaming that this isn't yet kicking the MCU's arse (without understanding how the MCU was slowly built) and they'll be on to whatever the next reboot might be.

This has been painfully apparent from Day One of DC's movie efforts: they have literally no idea what Marvel actually did and no concept of the planning that went into the order the movies came out to ease the audience into the various aspects of the Marvel Universe. DC (apparently) honestly thought they could go straight to their equivalent of Infinity War in, what, four or five movies...?

Definitely Not Mister Pops

All the studios rushing to get their own MCU (remember the ill-fated dark universe?) reminded me of all the game studios desperate to create a WoW killer about a decade ago. They failed to realize that people wouldn't invest the same amount of time/money and interest in their product as the MCU/WoW, because they had already invested all their time/money and interest in the MCU/WoW.
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

On the list of things DC that are good, season 4 of Doom Patrol has just started. The first episode features [spoiler]an arse-cannon[/spoiler] and also explains the need to [spoiler]tie a jellyfish to your head with a length of hairy blue string in order to prevent memory loss during time[/spoiler] travel. I love the bonkers on this show.

I think that when DC stuff works it works really well, but most of the time it just doesn't. Beyond Superman and Batman, I grew up thinking most of the rest of the DC characters were a bit sh*t and time hasn't altered my view very much.

Still, yay for Doom Patrol!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

IndigoPrime

The best parts of DC are the TV shows. Sandman is another case in point. It's when they go big-budget blockbuster that it all goes to crap. (TBF, I largely feel the same about Marvel now – I thought most of the Phase 4 films were middling to poor. But I have at least enjoyed some of them. DCU... not really.)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 08 December, 2022, 08:40:56 PM
Still, yay for Doom Patrol!

By a considerable margin, my favourite DC adaptation to live action across all formats.

CalHab

The non plus ultra of DC movies, and the definitive word on the Dark Knight and Joker, is Lego Batman.

IndigoPrime

The best Batman movie by some margin. It'll be interesting to see what happens next with Lego. I realise those films didn't make the cash piles everyone was hoping for, but they were smart, clever and different. What I've heard so far about the reboot stuff doesn't fill me with much hope regarding what's set to replace them.

RookieNerd

Pretty ok with the dumb/fun DCU except how they made the mold for the Injustice Superman. Seriously letting your Dad die, a smack down in smallville with the advice go in doors and lazering a space ship in half to crash through multiple buildings with the Zod neck snap. Then he splatted the crap out of the terrorist through a brick wall in BvS. F'd off after the terrorist bomb meant for him. Didn't he like first aid Lois in the first movie? Superman would of stayed and helped not flew away. RANT OVER.

I passed on WW 1984 as it seem like a elseworld that got set in the main universe. Synder Verse is dead they going to reboot with the same actors. James Gunn was teasing Kingdom Come and they can reset everything with a Flashpoint type of event.

Dandontdare

The idea that I wouldn't bother going to see a new Batman movie would have seemed bizarre to me a decade ago, but I just couldn't muster any enthusiasm for yet another Batman this last time around. Leave the Bat alone, he's been done to death!

IndigoPrime

The only thing I'm annoyed to not see is Keaton's older Batman, but they'd probably have managed to screw that up too.

Hawkmumbler

I will step up to bat for Aquaman.

The best Saint Seiya movie not actually based on Saint Seiya.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 December, 2022, 04:38:07 PM

The only thing I'm annoyed to not see is Keaton's older Batman...

Now, that would be cool.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]