Main Menu

Biscuits

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 08 March, 2023, 03:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Now here's the real biscuit question is the chocolate on the top or the bottom of a digestive ?

Aparently McVities say that the chocolate is on the bottom but always show it on top in their pictures

Funt Solo

Quote from: rogue69 on 10 March, 2023, 10:54:18 PMNow here's the real biscuit question is the chocolate on the top or the bottom of a digestive ?

Aparently McVities say that the chocolate is on the bottom but always show it on top in their pictures

That's blowing my mind! (I think McVities have been taken over by Bill Drummond, and he's just fucking with us.) 3 A.M. Digestive.

And I had to look up these after Barrington's mention:

(I'm assuming the board's overall waistline is increasing due to this thread.)

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Fate Amenable to Change on 10 March, 2023, 10:58:14 PMAnd I had to look up these after Barrington's mention:

Man, those things. They were childhood gold. Do they still exist?
Lock up your spoons!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Fate Amenable to Change on 10 March, 2023, 10:58:14 PM
Quote from: rogue69 on 10 March, 2023, 10:54:18 PMNow here's the real biscuit question is the chocolate on the top or the bottom of a digestive ?

That's blowing my mind! (I think McVities have been taken over by Bill Drummond, and he's just fucking with us.) 3 A.M. Digestive.

And I had to look up these after Barrington's mention:

Those are Jacob's Kimberley Mikados round these parts. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Rara Avis

Yes they still exist and there's even a chocolate covered version!

Dash Decent

Those look similar to an Iced Vovo, though it has fondant rather than marshmallow.  It's a well-known biscuit in Australia and has been in production since 1906.  Seeing Jim's photo above, I suspect that's what it started out as and the marshmallow has been substituted somewhere along the line, if only to make the packaging easier/cheaper.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Fate Amenable to Change on 08 March, 2023, 07:18:51 PM
Quote from: Colin MacNeil on 08 March, 2023, 06:57:11 PMTim Tam slammer

How To Do The Tim Tam Slam

I'm late to the party, but for the record, when I was a kid we called this shotgunning a Tim Tam.  I don't know who the Yank in the video is but you just bite the ends off, none of this faffing about with a knife, and of course you already have a cup of tea or coffee ready to go.  You use the open-ended Tim Tam as a straw and then flip it into your mouth like a dolphin eating a fish, because the heat melts the outer chocolate so fast you have to stop holding it after about two milliseconds, so it's only your mouth holding it at that point.  Tim Tam Slam is something someone obviously thought sounded great because of the rhyme it makes but that came later.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Colin MacNeil on 08 March, 2023, 06:57:11 PMTim Tams!

Especially when consumed as a Tim Tam slammer.

Best biscuit in the world!

Hey Colin. Long time no see, I hope you're well :)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

rogue69

another great childhood staple was the Iced Gems mini biscuits top with an icing swirl

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 10 March, 2023, 02:25:36 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 10 March, 2023, 12:11:58 PM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 08 March, 2023, 03:31:33 PMThere is no finer biscuit than a Mint Club.

Discuss.

Mint and chocolate should, never,never be consumed together.

First, I was encouraging debate.

Second, what about mint-choc-chip icecream?

An abomint-ation!!
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 March, 2023, 04:17:55 PM
Quote from: Colin MacNeil on 08 March, 2023, 06:57:11 PMTim Tams!

Especially when consumed as a Tim Tam slammer.

Best biscuit in the world!

Hey Colin. Long time no see, I hope you're well :)

Yeah, glad you made the effort on such an important subject too! :lol:
DDT did a job on me

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Proudhuff on 15 March, 2023, 03:58:13 PM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 10 March, 2023, 02:25:36 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 10 March, 2023, 12:11:58 PM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 08 March, 2023, 03:31:33 PMThere is no finer biscuit than a Mint Club.

Discuss.

Mint and chocolate should, never,never be consumed together.

First, I was encouraging debate.

Second, what about mint-choc-chip icecream?

An abomint-ation!!

I don't have a problem with the flavour, but if'n it's individually wrapped, then it's not a proper biscuit, it's a feckin' Tory snack
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

I though the Tories fed exclusively on misery...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 10 March, 2023, 09:42:58 PMAlso you can't dunk a Tunnocks,

Challenge accepted!!!

I normally eat them in one mouthfull, whole thing popped in, that upsets some people !
DDT did a job on me

nxylas

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 10 March, 2023, 10:34:46 PMHmm. I always thought these were crackers. Whilst tasty, I'm not sure a savoury 'biscuit' really fits the criteria.
Do we need a separate thread for crackers?
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!