Main Menu

Meg 224 - Incredible Thong

Started by Bad Andy, 19 September, 2004, 07:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Andy

On the flip side of the coin - may I just say that The Simping Detective was beautifully crafted writing and drawing.

The best part of a fantastic Meg and the posts show that I'm not the only one to believe that.

frazer

"On the flip side of the coin - may I just say that The Simping Detective was beautifully crafted writing and drawing. "

You are allowed, sir. Certainly my fave gig of the past umpteen months and you are all perfectly allowed to hound the boss for more.

Not that there's any particular with us making more, but I just like to see the letters page full of nice things being said about me and Spurious.

O, and a special treat awaits those Dreddcon attendees who are gonna show up to my little tutorial:)

F

Steamboy

heh heh....he said arse....

CU Krestel(looking forward to this one)

Oddboy

Well I quite enjoyed the Spidy article.

Although, having had the misfortune to read the Spiderman 9/11 issue - it's my opinion that superheroes should stick with the supervillians they're used to, because, as unfortunate an event as the 9/11 disaster was, it makes for a dull and sickly comic.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

"As for calling someone a twat because you disagree with them, especially in an enlightened forum like this; I'd like to believe that would go down like the pigshit-laden juvenile arseballoon it so clearly is. [shrug]"

Agreed.

Also, sincere thanks for replying to our comments, Si.
A lesser person would have ignored them.

- Trout

Dan Kelly

> O, and a special treat awaits those Dreddcon attendees who are gonna show up to my little tutorial:)

Right, that's me sold!  You just better not be scheduled against Carlos or there'll be blood (or something, more likely beer actually) on the floor

;)

Dan

titch

Can't make any comment...

Sleeping with one of the artists!!!!;-)

Tee, hee, hee...

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

Dudley

LARF

"pigshit-laden juvenile arseballoon" - LOL

Understood Spurrier, bit pretentious deadline style taking it too serious clap trap, but interesting

Burns was a bit harsh on Si, and un called for, especially seeing as Si created Dante, it's like someone taking over the fathering of your child and saying you were a shit parent. Prefer Si's art to Burns anyday - PLUS the Burns Dredd strip - not his best, by far - to crit another artist so sharply and then have strip in the same mag which is poor, is taking your own ego into Prima Donna land. Take it easy big guy just 'cos your experienced doesn't mean you've the right...

De-Marco - sigh... the latest Megazine now has a spine!

frazer

I disagree. The only thing that could possibly be wrong about Burnsey's comment is that it may alienate Si from him and cause a small amount of offense, but that's between them. Whether i agree with his opinion on Si's art is irrelevant but I applaud him for voicing his opinion. In an industry which is on the surface full of sickening honey-soaked back patting whilst under the surface riddled with squinty-eyed back-stabbing Burnsey's honesty is quite refreshing, despite my disagreement with his viewpoint.

Most creator interviews I read these days sound like Star Wars featurettes, with words like "genius" and "amazing" tossed around until they have no meaning whatsoever. Personally, I was brung up to think that if I can't say anything nice then I should say nothing at all, but I ain't Burnsey.

And his experience as an artist DOES give his opinion a huge amount of weight when cpmmenting on the artistic/technical merits of another artist' work. IMHO.

F

W. R. Logan

>Can't make any comment...
>Sleeping with one of the artists!!!!;-)

Aren't we all.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

GordonR

It's not as if Simon Fraser isn't very free with his expert opinions on other people's work on the artdroids group and elsewhere, though, is it?

DavidXBrunt

And it's not like what he said wasn't true really. He said he's a good story teller but sometimes the actual drawings aren't the strongest. That seems fair to me. He can do the basics but the details aren't always that good.

W. R. Logan

MEG 224

Cover: Simon Parr has done a great job to make Colin?s cover better than it looked when it arrived at the Nerve Centre. The original art looked good but Simon has given it a little tweak and it?s all the better for it.

Bite Fight: Mr Burns may dislike doing the art for Dredd but whilst he may not like painting Old Stoney Face but I love looking at it.

The Simping Detective: Continuing to enjoy the tales of Jack Point and hope it doesn?t become over exposed. Hopefully Jack will appear with new tales from time to time but not become so regular that familiarity breeds contempt. Hats off to Spurrier & Irving and especially Irving, having to wear such a skimpy outfit whilst posing in front of a mirror to get the shots of DeMarco pole dancing just right shows how far he?s prepared to go for the readers.

Interrogation: John Burns: Great interview and hope we see more interviews of this vane in the future.

Shimura: Not a huge fan of Andy Clarke?s artwork and this doesn?t change my opinion it just seems flat & stiff. For me it also looked better before it was coloured.
Although I did enjoy seeing Shimura and Robbie gracing the pages of the Meg again.

Judge Fear?s Big Day Out: Again I enjoyed this but as I originally hosted a shorter version of the story on the ?79 website I suppose I cant say anything more.

Anderson: For me this is ?the? story of the current line up, enjoying this more than any other story and it?s the first one I read each month and the one that gets reread more between issues. Its one of those times where character, writer and artist just seem to be the perfect match.

Young Middenface: Enjoying the story and Alan reckons it?s the best Young Middenface story he?s ever written but John Ridgeway?s art just leaves me cold, thin, wishy washy and wouldn?t be my choice for the strip.

Dredd Files: It has its detractors but the fan boy in me loves this sort of thing and long may it continue.

Charley?s War: Still enjoying this but don?t know if its because of the story, the rose tinted glasses and remembering back to a more innocent time when I read comics or because of the old soldier in me, whatever the reason its great work from Mills & Colquhoun. Its also possibly due in part to the work the droids do when turning it from the scanned from comic art Tiffs in to what we see in the finished Meg.

Heatseekers: Enjoyed the Spurrier and Rennie sections and wasn?t bothered either way with the others although I?ll be interested to see where this goes in future issues.

Meat Patrol: Rennie once again takes a subject that we?ve seen many times in the background of a Dredd strip or heard Dredd calling for their services but turns it in to a strip that ensures the Meg closes as strongly as it started. Besides Wagner he seems to be the only Droid who can regularly get Dredd right and also for me it?s the background elements he uses that make some of his one parters so enjoyable.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Dudley

Hasn't Simon Fraser said some fairly direct things about Burns and the way that Dante was maneouvered away from his own control?