Main Menu

Take the Law into your own hands!

Started by stuhenry, 01 September, 2005, 08:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

I told you I would have drawn it for you. We could have split the stationery!

Bolt-01, didn't enter....

Si Logan

Yeah, was/is definately a great prize.  
How often does the opportunty for an amateur to draw a Wagner Dredd story and get it printed in a 2000AD magazine come along?

Dark Jimbo

Truly it is said, Tharg is great indeed.

Even if I didn't win. :(
@jamesfeistdraws

psycho_slaughterman

aww i never won either, does anyone know who did win so we can insult,threaten,hunt down,beat up,etc
just because were bitter that we never won and the runner ups can get the same but less suvear (hope i spelt that right)

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

SIP

I thought I'd post my entries here - as requested a way back by 'Stuhenry'....

Number 1.....
Totally inspired by my complete lack of sleep at the time (...actually, my ongoing lack of sleep).

Cale is a Tek Judge who was buried alive in the ruins of a sector house(during total war, a bit of story continuity)- maybe it collapsed into the undercity (couldn't get that into my 50 words), critically wounded he administered a prototype-tech device to keep himself alive.  Whoops! It
didn't work properly, completely infiltrates his body and mind and he is left in a permanent state of conciousness in his tomb for 6 months - goes
ever so slightly loopy, gets rescued/escapes, does naughty things etc etc.

Perhaps this was a bit too long-winded really (and a bit run-of-the-mill) - especially if it was only going to be 4 pages long!!

And it was a bit lazy - another Judge-gone-bad tale!
There is a second page to this which re-uses the artwork and has a story-box.

I actually sent two entries in and didn't know which one was runner up until the Special came out (the letter I got didn't specify)!

So my second entry was.......
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a339/SiLogan/Fabian1FINAL-LOWRES.jpg">

SIP

Borrilan Trug!

Done in a hurry (and it shows!) - and originally meant to be monochrome (hence the heavy black).

Thought I'd better do an alien as well!
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a339/SiLogan/Trug12lowres.jpg">

SIP

....but by far my best entry to the competition was my incredibly original, never before thought of, copyright Simon Penter 2005 - Stick man!

Inspiration just struck me on this one - I decided a stick-like-basic-man-shape was by far the most original and threatening villain Dredd could ever face.

Took me weeks, but well worth it.

Bet you all wish you'd thought of it.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a339/SiLogan/Sticky.jpg">

Richmond Clements

Queen Firey-Bou

thems is good simon, well done for runner up.

tho stick man is rubbish, the one in rupert the bear is much more scary.

Carlsborg Expert

Oh dont play the poor fresh faced boy with me Penter !

WE ALL KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THAT DESIGN FROM!

Be a man and come clean. (?)

SIP

Mr Sticky has been an idea I had since a little boy, I think I first thought of it and Sticky World back in 1978.....

You aren't trying to steal my ideas are you???!!!!

It's for just this very reason that I have copyrighted.

Tut, people today.

Although I have ripped the style of Stan Sticky off Brian Bolland - I make no apologies about that.

SIP

'Rupert Trug'.

It's better than what I came up with.

Bah.

Ps. To avoid unpleasant legal action, any royalties received based on the adventures of Stan Sticky in Sticky World will be forwarded to several borders who may (MAY) have had slightly similar ideas. Though I hate to do it.