Main Menu

FIRESTEP & IMPOSSIBLE PICTURES TO DEVELOP FULL MOTION COMICS

Started by Robo-K33F, 06 April, 2009, 12:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

So, I think it's defintiety going to be "Bad Company" --from the blurb-- and "ABC Warriors"-- From the picture--.

Perhaps they are going to stick to particular 2000AD theme.of Mernc's, Soldiers, and Robots.

Tweak72

Quote from: "Bollo"I got a very bad feelin' bout dis

Hmmm...

Quote from: "Han Solo"I got a bad feelin' bout this

You know what guys? Me too. Me too.
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: "ThryllSeekyr"I don't ;)

QuoteHope they have Tharg introducing each episode a la "The Crypt Keeper" from the old EC comics. Shame about Dredd not appearing but give me Strontium Dog and I'll be happy.

I totally agree with you, there. Having Tharg. A well known identity and beacon of light to the readers of the magazine old and new. Hosting each episode from a virtual set up of the IPC in London with his script /art Droids working around him. Even though it's different these days.

That's a given I hope. A Phillip Scofield for the 2010s. With Burt as Gorden the Goffer.

ThryllSeekyr

Now lets just say that if Tharg is to be hosting the show.

Should he be a real actor or a animation with a voice actor -- Of Course--?

Or a rotorscoped?

Which is pretty close to live action.

If so, than what well known actor would you choose.

Keef Monkey

The Monarch

Bad company really isn't that a bit morally questionable for the kiddies?

Bouwel

QuoteBad company really isn't that a bit morally questionable for the kiddies?

With a lot of kids TV today half a brain is a prerequisite.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

TheEdge

Quote from: "ThryllSeekyr"
QuoteI think they fully understand how licensing works.

I don't ;)

QuoteHope they have Tharg introducing each episode a la "The Crypt Keeper" from the old EC comics. Shame about Dredd not appearing but give me Strontium Dog and I'll be happy.

I totally agree with you, there. Having Tharg. A well known identity and beacon of light to the readers of the magazine old and new. Hosting each episode from a virtual set up of the IPC in London with his script /art Droids working around him. Even though it's different these days.

Quotehereby solemnly promise to buy each and every piece of merchandising, at least three times (2 boys and me), so get them there sticker books, action figures, activity annuals, t-shirts, pyjamas, slippers, hats, underpants and whatnot in development NOW.

I like tha sound of that. Everything should be considered. Despite not having any chlidrenof my own.

Dissagree with the tharg bit, Sounds a bit too much like Stan Lee introducing marvel cartoons.
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Devons Daddy

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the long term future of 2000ad
adds  another pillar to its incredibly strong foundations.
tell me its going to be on ITUNES and i will be in a for thrill power overload.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

TordelBack

Quote from: "Bouwel"
QuoteBad company really isn't that a bit morally questionable for the kiddies?

With a lot of kids TV today half a brain is a prerequisite.

-Bouwel-

True, and anyway how else will they learn to understand... The Horror.

Dandontdare

Quote from: "Kerrin"Oh dear sweet blue-eyed Jovis in the sky, don't let this suck like a lamprey faced hyperwhore.
yeah, I hate it when that happens.... :lol:  well put sir!

Totally agree that the Verdus stories would make a grteat adaptation , but I think something with self-contained episodes may be a better start for this venture - Verdus was one long story in many part and may not be deemed suitable - but a fully animated feature film perhaps......

Strontium Dog offers the best options I think - 2 central characters, the Gronk for comic releif and an infinite potential for bounty-hunting stories once you've exhausted all the suitable comic storylines.

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Colin YNWA

Personally like 2000ad in the early days I'd go for a mix done in one's and on going stories. I'm assuming there will be an anthology format to the show? Something in each episode for the newbie and then something to get the hooks into people to keep them coming back for more. Also ongoing stories over a number of weeks would also would leave room for a nice compilation DVD, al la Graphic Novel at a later date.

It really will be interesting to see what actually they have in mind format wise for this?

linoaqui1

I stepped cautiously into the thread...then saw the word "animation" and started to breathe again. Could be good, definitely looking forward to ABC Warriors.
Characters from classic British comic 2000AD could be coming to TV screens soon, following a collaboration between Primeval prodco Impossible Pictures and Rebellion, the publication's rights holder.

In publication since 1977, 2000AD has been the birthplace for a range of characters, including Judge Dredd, the ABC Warriors, Strontium Dog and Rogue Trooper. Through the collaboration, Impossible's animation arm Firestep and Rebellion are set to make animated television series based on the comic's characters.

Cthulouis

Anyone here remember Reboot?

I'm not suggesting the animation style should be even remotely similar, but in terms of writting it struck a good balance between being a kids show (initially simple cartoon characters running around fighting bad guys) and having something for the adults (Characters that, like Dredd, grew in depth the more you followed their lives, and episodes such as one based on The Evil Dead, and another where the writters decided not to write a new script, and instead sent the animators the final episode of The Prisoner and told them to copy it*).

*This is probably not exactly how it happenned

Paul faplad Finch

I remember Reboot.  I followed it religously for the first couple of years. I got all excited by the promised darkness and arc plot heavy goodness of the upcoming season3 but was forced by encroaching manhood to get a job. The same one I'm doing now for my sins. I tried desperately to get my mother to record it for me but she was adamant. I was a grown man out at work. I shouldn't be watching "Bloody Stupid Cartoons". Curses. I had to come home every week to the sarky grin of my younger brother who had watched it and would refuse to gve me so much as a hint of what had happened.

Families. Who'd have 'em?
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read