Main Menu

submissions from abroad

Started by kizilkaan, 08 November, 2009, 12:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kizilkaan

Hi

I am a British citizen currently living in Central Europe and
I have a few future shock scripts ready to send to Tharg, but after checking out the submission guidelines I read that submissions should be sent with a SAE .As you can understand being based abroad rules out using British stamps and international coupons are not accepted by the post office here.
So, should I just send my submissions explaining , my current situation and at least include an addressed envelope or is this SAE a strict and unbending rule ?
Thanks for your help

pauljholden

It's a tough one, do you have anyone in the UK willing to accept post on your behalf? You could email scripts/letter to them and ask them to send for you?

-pj

kizilkaan

Thanks PJ

Your suggestion  seems to be the simplest solution.

JOE SOAP

Can overseas parties just not email them to a specific address? We are in the 'puter age after all.

radiator

I don't think emailed submissions are accepted at all.

Mike Gloady

No, probably not given the amount of bilge most of US get in our spam filters and nobody's trying to get WORK out of me.  I hope.

Welcome aboard, Kiz!
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

IanThomas

Hello, Everyone. Nice community you have here.

This is my very first post. I hope I'm posting it in the right place.

Here is my dilemma:

I am a writer in the United States. In early September I mailed a future shock submission, but I believe that I may have forgotten to include postage for return shipping. I can't remember for certain. I do know that I included my e-mail address on the cover letter. In any case, I haven't heard back.

So, here is my question. Is my submission still within the slush pile purgatory time frame? I considered re-submitting it (making sure, this time, to include the proper postage), but I don't want to incense the editor, if he's already looked at the script once and chucked it out.

Any ideas?

Emperor

Given most people are saying it can tae over 6 months to hear back then a September submission will still be in "to read" pile. I'd not recommend resubmitting as that seems like a waste of everyone's valuable time. I suppose you could send an envelope with the right postage but then someone would have to match that up with your submission which might be tricky. Basically, if you did include your email and they wanted to get in touch with you, then they can - trying to rectify things now is probably more hassle than its worth.

Oh and welcome. Enjoy your stay.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

kizilkaan

I have found a post office which has international coupons and so I have been able to send my submission with return postage .Fingers crossed!

Wake

I think that if you include an SAE with enough stamps from your own country for an international letter, the Royal Mail will post it as normal.

locustsofdeath!

So obviously it's not policy that 2000AD doesn;t take submissions from abroad then? That's a relief (for when I return to the States).

kizilkaan

They have writers and artists from all over the place working for them :)

One another point , the submission guidelines state that a writer should wait until he/she hears back from Tharg before submitting another Future Shock .I was wondering if anybody here HAS submitted whilst waiting for a reply about their first submission? 

uncle fester

A few boarders on here have. From what I've heard, it isn't the best way of getting your name remembered.

locustsofdeath!

Yeah, somewhere there's an entire thread on that...wasn't it titled "How long will Tharg keep me waiting?"

I'll see if I can't find it and post a link here.

Emperor

Quote from: locustsoflove on 25 November, 2009, 10:44:50 AM
Yeah, somewhere there's an entire thread on that...wasn't it titled "How long will Tharg keep me waiting?"

I'll see if I can't find it and post a link here.

http://2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,26003.0.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+