Main Menu

Dredd art from about 8 or 9 years ago

Started by Steven Denton, 16 July, 2011, 11:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Denton

I was just poking about on my old websites and I found this embarrassing yet strangely charming Judge Dredd strip I drew about 8 or 9 years ago. Both my drawing and my colouring have moved along quite a lot since then and I'm man enough to show my less then perfect passed work! (if I waited for my work to be perfect I would never show any one anything.)

CrazyFoxMachine

Steve. You're ridiculous. Get published.

judda fett

Some nice work Steve,did you do a lettered version? Do I win a 'no prize' for spotting the pad jump? ;)

TordelBack

"Embarrassing", r-r-r-right  ::).  Far far worse has appeared in the Prog.  And this was Steve 9 years ago?  Madness.

Steven Denton

Thanks Crazyfoxmachine

judgefett, I never did a lettered version and I have lost the script. Judges are only asymmetrical to catch people like me out! I have little notes nowadays to make sure I keep the characters right or left handed and things like pads in the right place.

TordelBack, that's the problem with artists, no perspective.

Danbell

Really nice stuff. Love to see some stuff you've done recently. The colouring is great and the splash panels with the fire is sweet.

Dan

Steven Denton

Thanks Dan, I pretty much gave up colouring this way after this story; I used the line tool to make lots of little blocks which is a bit like trying to paint with sellotape and it took about 3 days a page. When I tried colouring again about 4 years later using the pen tool it was taking me 4 days a page! I have gotten it down to about 6/8 hours a page now though.

As for new work I just posted a B/W page in the 'does my art look big in this' tread. I haven't drawn Dredd for years and keep on meaning to have a go at a sample script.