Main Menu

Cinebooks

Started by Colin YNWA, 28 January, 2012, 09:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Long John Silver and Orbital both do it for me. Really hope I can make Thought Bubble again this year and I've got money set aside for these as well as a few other Cinebook volumes I've been waiting on (I assuming they'll run their normal buying from them at an event deal) and no doubt I'll succumb to temptation and get some more Thorgal volumes - way behind on those!

Dunk!

Was looking forward to one pirate GN at Thought Bubble, but now with LJS coming out I'm ridiculously excited.

Plus with their usual offer I can stock up on Scorpion books.

Go Cinebooks.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

chiefy2shoes

Can anyone remember what the event deal is? I have 10 for 5 in my head but that seems too good a deal!

Proudhuff

342 and far as I remember... but there has been drink involved
DDT did a job on me

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 25 October, 2013, 10:55:25 PM
I was digging around the internet for any mentions of any series from Cinebook and I found a mention from an article from 2011 talking about getting XIII spinoff XII Mysteries on the 2014 schedule, wonder if they're still doing that. It's mentioned at the end of this article.

Sorry for the necropost but I thought it best to keep this Cinebook thread going instead of starting a new one. Looks their planning for releases 3 years ahead worked as XIII Mysteries will start publication from them this year. Down The Tubes has news about it and news of digital editions from them.

Ancient Otter

Really liking these covers for The Red Baron series:

Hawkmumbler

As Thoughtbubble creeps ever nearer, I start to save in my little piggy bank for those lovely Cinebook deals I have heard so much about.

flip-r mk2

Just received the first two volumes of Lament of the Lost Moors, now to find time to sit down and read them :)
filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Ancient Otter

I.R.$ is coming back later in the year along with another sci-fi series from the author of The Chimpanzee Complex - Sam (this is another European series with a Chinese artist, Shang Xiao).  Two new series by Leo: Kenya and Aldebaran: The Survivors and a modern fantasy series called Wisher. And this is not including all the other ongoing series!

Proudhuff

Quote from: flip-r mk2 on 27 April, 2014, 08:16:32 PM
Just received the first two volumes of Lament of the Lost Moors, now to find time to sit down and read them :)
filippo

how was it?
DDT did a job on me

Ancient Otter

Here is Cinebooks catalogue for Summer/Autumn 14.

Proudhuff

had a read of Crusade I, which was surprisingly good, these library's are really a spiffing idea  :D
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

OK, so i've started on Cinebook at last with the first volumes of Spooks, Blake and Mortimer, and Orbital. I'll get back here as soon as i've read them all.

Hawkmumbler

Well i've already talked about the first SPOOKS book which I really enjoyed, and luckily it wasn't susceptible to the spine issues previously mentioned. Sadly, upon inspecting Orbital volume one it was not so fortunate. It crumbled. As such i've returned it and will wait till i've seen a copy to be certain it's from a new stock using the better glue.

That being said, i've taken a great interest in Aldebaran and it's sequels. Looks like more to be added to the TB pile for bulk buys....

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 28 June, 2014, 08:39:45 PM
That being said, i've taken a great interest in Aldebaran and it's sequels. Looks like more to be added to the TB pile for bulk buys....

It is rather good and Betelgeuse is getting pleasanty close to the top of my to read list.