Main Menu

Pixel Dredd

Started by Steven Denton, 02 July, 2019, 08:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Quote from: pauljholden on 03 July, 2019, 07:42:11 PM
Steve, would it work better if the arm and the leg were not the same side - ie when left arm forward then right leg forward, and when right arm forward then left leg forward. I think that's more of natural gait.

Aye, a definite improvement at the moment but as you say, now he is 'tick-tocking.'

Funt - thank you for your contribution my friend, a real LOL moment for me.  Much needed therapy.

Looking forward to seeing the next evolution.  Love the way progress is being shared here.

Steven Denton

pauljholden

think that looks better (though he's moving very fast ... striding with purpose!)

Steven Denton

Quote from: pauljholden on 03 July, 2019, 09:31:33 PM
think that looks better (though he's moving very fast ... striding with purpose!)

Dredd walks at 3 speeds: Purposefully fast, menacingly slow, or sexily sashay. 

Tjm86

Outstanding.  Once again, nice to see the evolution.

(TBH - favourite is still line dancing Dredd .... )

Steven Denton

the next bit will be a gun draw animation. I'm not having much luck pushing pixels and am mostly jusr redrawing everything for every frame.

Funt Solo

The puerile part of me is making farty noises every time JD bends down.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dandontdare

Joe needs to cut down on the Synthichocs. Remember how skinny he was in the 70s?  :lol:

Steven Denton

We all used to be thinner in our prime

Steven Denton

Slowly adding in the uniform. I have left the eagle to last as I know it's going to be a pain

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Steven Denton

One of the reasons I thought Dredd would be a good place to start practicing is his uniform requires quite a lot of work but I'm familiar with it so although its hard its hard within my comfort zone.

GrudgeJohnDeed

Wow that's an big impressive sprite, nice one! Pixel art and Dredd, two of my favourite things in the world <3

Looks suitable for gameplay, do you plan on doing anything with it in that regard? It's so easy to make games these days with Game Maker and Unity etc (I have a Dredd NES game prototype I must return to :D )

Some animation points for the last walk gif you posted - his vertical weight shift behaves differently in the last half of the gif versus the first half, it looks off because it should be the same (one cycle for each leg). Draw a line 1 pixel above his head every frame and you'll see what I mean as it animates.

Also his shoulder pads are animating at half the rate as the rest of him, with these big sprites and how much distance the pads have to cover it can look choppy. Could do with some frames between to smooth it out!

Great work!